Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUA LUA to QPR on loan

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
With only 3 strikers, I'd argue 5 wingers were necessary as three of them (Murphy, Knockaert and LuaLua) can be played centrally if one of our strikers got injured. Especially if Baldock isn't playing as Murray and Hemed are not quick. So I'm clutching at straws that this is further proof of a striker coming in to not need wingers to cover as a fourth striker :) Manu has gone too, and he was used as a striker in cup games (and clearly didn't work out).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the belief is that he can't be recalled, right?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are four players ahead of him who would all have to hit shit form for him to get a game . i don't think that will happen
Technicality: It would only require three of them to hit shit form - the fourth one would be playing on the opposite wing. But I do agree with the point you are making.

Last edited:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Technicality: It would only require three of them to hit shit form - the fourth one would be playing on the opposite wing. But I do agree with thee point you are making.

Further technicality: injuries and suspensions can also occur. (See last season, Oscar's play off campaign etc etc.)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm bored of repeating myself but for a final time: it is unthinkable that on the cusp of achieving everything that Tony Bloom has invested £300m to accomplish we are going to leave ourselves a mere 4 injuries and suspensions away from not even being able to fill a bench. This is the reality if we send the players out on loan that have been made available publicly by CH without signing anyone. Not going to happen people.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Yes, of course, and I could have made my post longer by shoving all that in. Besides, I was simply replying to his specific post.

Fair enough but you can't leave injuries and suspensions out of the equation can you. It's part and parcel.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough but you can't leave injuries and suspensions out of the equation can you. It's part and parcel.
Still, two players for each position is pretty much the sensible level - so four wingers, four CBs, four full backs etc. - which we've got. Plus a third keeper, and one or two extra bods (probably versatile ones) to take the total squad up to 25ish.
Moneybags clubs like City and Chelsea can have legions of spare players queuing up for every position, but most clubs - including us - can't and won't.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Still, two players for each position is pretty much the sensible level - so four wingers, four CBs, four full backs etc. - which we've got. Plus a third keeper, and one or two extra bods (probably versatile ones) to take the total squad up to 25ish.
Moneybags clubs like City and Chelsea can have legions of spare players queuing up for every position, but most clubs - including us - can't and won't.

25 you say. We won't have 25 if we send Hunt and Ince out (as is CH's wish.) Glad we agree.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
25 you say. We won't have 25 if we send Hunt and Ince out (as is CH's wish.) Glad we agree.

Indeed

1. Stockdale
2. Maenpaa
3. Casper

4. Bruno
5. Bong
6. Dunk
7. Duffy
8. Uwe
9. Goldson
10. Rosenior
11. Pocognoli

12. Kayal
13. Norwood
14. Sidwell
15, Stephens

16. Towell
17. March
18. Murphy
19. Knockaert
20. Skalak

21. Murray
22. Hemed
23. Baldock

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed

1. Stockdale
2. Maenpaa
3. Casper

4. Bruno
5. Bong
6. Dunk
7. Duffy
8. Uwe
9. Goldson
10. Rosenior

11. Stephens
12. Kayal
13. Norwood
14. Sidwell
15. Rosenior
16. Skalak
17. March
18. Murphy
19. Knockaert
20. Towell

21. Murray
22. Hemed
23. Baldock
2 Roseniors and no Pocognoli...

But the numbers are correct.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'd bring in two strikers, even if one of them does the same job as Glenn and Tomer. An injury to either of them and you are utterly reliant on the other. This really is not the time to trust to luck.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Further technicality: injuries and suspensions can also occur. (See last season, Oscar's play off campaign etc etc.)
Thats assuming we don't get another forward in . Baldock is more than capable of playing wide

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I think we probably will bring in a couple. Not necessarily wingers though - we've got two for each position there (and Rosenior and possibly Bjordal should the need arise; not ideal, but I'm sure there are worse wide players in the Championship). As everybody on NSC has said repeatedly over the last n months, we are short on cover in the striking department.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes, I think we probably will bring in a couple. Not necessarily wingers though - we've got two for each position there (and Rosenior and possibly Bjordal should the need arise; not ideal, but I'm sure there are worse wide players in the Championship). As everybody on NSC has said repeatedly over the last n months, we are short on cover in the striking department.

Liam was superb against Ipswich at Portman Road last season, playing on the wing. No risk wide option IMHO.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

I don't recall saying we needed wingers, apologies if I did. I have been suggesting that we won't leave ourselves short of numbers while others appear to think that we have plenty of cover everywhere, except the Baldock role. Three or four injuries and/or suspensions is far from being inconceivable so I would be amazed if we don't bring players in during this window, especially given our league position. Clearly up front is still most pressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here