Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUA LUA to QPR on loan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been a big KLL fan in his time here, and he started last season like a house on fire. But since coming back from his latest injury, in the few games he's had, that ZIP just wasn't there any more. I think sadly we've seen the best of him now, so its probably the right time to send him out to graze. Solly has come back and is tearing it up again, Kaz just cannot match him for end product. He's almost certainly played his last game for us IMO, as a club we've simply left him behind.

Thanks for the memories Kaz, you were cuffing brilliant on your day. Time you had a new chapter though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As far as I'm aware, according to the rules recalls are only possible in the January window ( if in the contract ).

So I don't hold out much hope of it being possible to recall him after January 31st - which is in practice no recall.

Someone may know better of course.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't think signing another winger is a priority, and if loaning him out was dependent on getting someone in, I'd hope we'd have the replacement first.

How much has he actually played since his injury? If he was all we had, and there was 20 mins left with one of our wingers either tiring or having an off day, yes, he could have an impact. He's had an impact many times before and won us games. Hopefully we won't have a couple of injuries so it won't matter.

I meant signing another attacker generally. Then we've got eight in total for the first team (KLL leaving brings us down to seven) and then youngsters like Bjordal or someone who can play on the wing like Rosenior to come in if necessary.

As for impact, we'll have to agree to disagree. He's had chances since returning from injury and not taken them and Hughton sees him in training every day. I'll trust him to know what is best.

Not sure if you ignored my comment about him being unhappy in the summer or replied before I added it, but I think that is the key point here. No point in keeping a player who wants to go (and you can't blame him for wanting to play).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As far as I'm aware, according to the rules recalls are only possible in the January window ( if in the contract ).

So I don't hold out much hope of it being possible to recall him after January 31st - which is in practice no recall.

Someone may know better of course.

From what I can make out from the published Football League rules, there's also a minimum of 28 days before recall can be exercised. That means we can't recall him under any circumstances, as 28 days from now is outside of the loan window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From what I can make out from the published Football League rules, there's also a minimum of 28 days before recall can be exercised. That means we can't recall him under any circumstances, as 28 days from now is outside of the loan window.

Yes, good point. That is also the case.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd be very surprised if we were clearing the decks for anything other than incoming players. I would think we'll stick with the wingers we have but another forward and maybe another RB I could see coming in that probably depends upon LR's fitness. Possibly if the AM comes in too then Towell will go on loan also.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Happy with the loan, if we have a recall clause built in. I hope he does brilliantly there and helps take points off our rivals. Would like to see him in a Brighton shirt again though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To really get QPR fans salivating and hopefully increase Kaz's chances of starting their next three games, I'd change the final paragraph to this:

"He played 22 times for Chris Hughton’s side last season winning the Sky Bet Championship player of the month in August producing match winning skillz like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4UPV28n8o "

God I miss that version of Kaz. His understanding with Bong at the start of last season was a joy to watch

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I doubt it. Pretty sure half season loans don't allow for a recall.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be on the bench (although you are assuming we don't sign anyone which we may well do this month), I'm talking about him actually being an asset when he comes on. Yes, he could be on the bench but would he impact games. He's not done that since his injury at the start of last season, hence we are loaning him out.

Also, to add to that, he was clearly annoyed at not being loaned out in the summer. No point in keeping an unhappy player.[/QUOTE

Plus am I the only person who noticed how he threw toys out of the pram, seemingly refuse to follow team orders, and moaned at his team mates, against Sheffield Wed in the play-off semi final 2nd leg, when we really needed him, last season?

I used to love Kaz, but that little episode spoilt things for me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
God I miss that version of Kaz. His understanding with Bong at the start of last season was a joy to watch

It's one of the many what ifs of last season. Both Kaz and March were on amazing form when they got injured. If they'd both stayed fit, or even one of them, we might be in the Premier League now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I hope he passes the medical. This is a good move Kaz and judging by QPR's performance at the Amex recently he has a chanceof resurrecting his career there, not mention do us a few favours against promotion rivals.

Realistically the last injury did for him here, in the few chances he has had with us he has not really shined or had that spark that so electrified us in his pomp. We have March, Skalek, Murphy and Knockaert, barring a total injury disaster he was not going to get a sniff here this season.

I wish him all the best and will remember the good times with fondness, but it really is time for us to go our separate ways.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I hope he doesn't find himself on the sidelines again when Holloway gets sacked.

Oh, sorry, Ian, I didn't mean to suggest you were vulnera....no...don't cry! Please don't cry!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here