Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUA LUA to QPR on loan

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Mrs had Celebrity BB on the other day and Jamie O'hara during a conversation said he was £15k a month at Fulham which made me wonder if Championship wages are over inflated by the press/media.

Not in this case. I can't reveal my SAUCE but COG is definitely on £500k a year. Which is depressing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
COG would have doubled his wages for the remainder of his contract had we been promoted last season. £1m a year for doing very little! Good job he wont be our player for much longer.....

COG's Burton still have to play every one of our rivals once more, including Reading on the last day of the season. He could yet justify every penny of a promotion bonus :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ooh aah Ooh aah signs Lua Lua. Badoom Tish . I'll get my coat
And Worzel is quite besotted...

"I know [Kazenga] LuaLua will add to us - our fans are already singing his name, it's wonderful."

Was amazing how excited the QPR fans were about Kazenga. They all sang his name loudly and then you could still hear a smaller group singing it a few minutes later...

The cameo they saw was vintage KLL. Literally a peripheral player. Very nearly had a chance to shine when he flicked a ball towards what would have been a lovely open attacking space to run into... but the defender handballed it. (Does that count towards the minutes and yellow cards thread...?).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Third time lucky for QPR boss - says Brighton loanee

Seagulls winger claims Ian Holloway wanted him at Crystal Palace and Millwall before he joined in January.

QPR loan signing Kazenga LuaLua has revealed his new boss was third time lucky when he finally got the winger to sign for him.

Twice before, Ian Holloway made a bit for the Brighton winger – twice before he got nowhere.

Finally, he secured the serviced of the exciting player whose sublime chip led to a Newcastle own goal last Wednesday and an unexpected share of the points against the Championship sure-fire bets for promotion.

He was the only consolation from the drab 2-1 defeat to Burton from the previous weekend, and came on right at the death against Blackburn on Saturday.

He said: “He (Holloway) tried to get me at Palace and Millwall, and now I’m finally here.”

“I honestly can’t remember the last time I played 90 minutes.

“When I knew QPR wanted me I spoke to my agent – and I’m glad – the lads here at Rangers have welcomed me and helped me settle in.”

LuaLua deflected any talk of a permanent move with a year left on his Brighton contract at the end of the season.

After all, if he shines at Rangers, and Brighton get into the Premier League, they might want him back.

At the moment, it’s game by game,” he said. “Anything can happen in football. I’m 26 years old, and it’s good for me to play games. That’s what I want to do above all else.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/third-time-lucky-qpr-boss-12567187

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seagulls winger claims Ian Holloway wanted him at Crystal Palace and Millwall before he joined in January.

QPR loan signing Kazenga LuaLua has revealed his new boss was third time lucky when he finally got the winger to sign for him.

Twice before, Ian Holloway made a bit for the Brighton winger – twice before he got nowhere.

Finally, he secured the serviced of the exciting player whose sublime chip led to a Newcastle own goal last Wednesday and an unexpected share of the points against the Championship sure-fire bets for promotion.

He was the only consolation from the drab 2-1 defeat to Burton from the previous weekend, and came on right at the death against Blackburn on Saturday.

He said: “He (Holloway) tried to get me at Palace and Millwall, and now I’m finally here.”

“I honestly can’t remember the last time I played 90 minutes.

“When I knew QPR wanted me I spoke to my agent – and I’m glad – the lads here at Rangers have welcomed me and helped me settle in.”

LuaLua deflected any talk of a permanent move with a year left on his Brighton contract at the end of the season.

After all, if he shines at Rangers, and Brighton get into the Premier League, they might want him back.

At the moment, it’s game by game,” he said. “Anything can happen in football. I’m 26 years old, and it’s good for me to play games. That’s what I want to do above all else.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/third-time-lucky-qpr-boss-12567187

He ain't coming back, is he?

Thanks for the memories, Kaz :albion2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He ain't coming back, is he?

Thanks for the memories, Kaz :albion2:

By the looks of it, no, but as you probably know journalistic tendencies tend to bend a report a tad.
He's a player that likes to loved, I don't think that QPR are that sort of team, Junior Hoilett didn't feel wanted there!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
By the looks of it, no, but as you probably know journalistic tendencies tend to bend a report a tad.
He's a player that likes to loved, I don't think that QPR are that sort of team, Junior Hoilett didn't feel wanted there!!

Of course, but the direct quotes from him alone – in any context – say a lot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we miss out on promotion (heaven forbid, this time) we might need him back to replace some of the players we'd inevitably lose, but if we're in the PL, he won't be needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here