Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUA LUA to QPR on loan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

To really get QPR fans salivating and hopefully increase Kaz's chances of starting their next three games, I'd change the final paragraph to this:

"He played 22 times for Chris Hughton’s side last season winning the Sky Bet Championship player of the month in August producing match winning skillz like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4UPV28n8o "

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Any mention of a recall clause?

Fantasy scenario, he gets some games under his belt, recaptures his form and we get him back for a bit of help with a promotion push.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Charlie Oatway his girlfrins father will be impressed. Is named after all of QPR team

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Does anyone else think we might regret this, he is way down the pecking order but does offer something very different to our current wingers. If any or all of them stop producing, Lua Lua could have been valuable.

I suppose it depends on who or if we bring in anyone ourselves.

Have said it elsewhere but assuming this happens and Ince and Hunt also go out we would be just 4 players over the number required to name a first eleven and bench. I am fairly certain that we will see at least two incoming this window.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Depends if he can be recalled. If he can, it's great. If he can't, I don't understand why we'd take the risk.

It's simple. Staying with us there is no way he will produce that sort of form because he won't get game time. In my view, he's not the sort of player who can come in for the odd game and do well, he needs regular first team football. He is nowhere near getting that here. I imagine Albion would rely on Bjordal as fifth choice winger if injuries leave us short.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Holloway loves Lua Lua. Was salivating over him a lot last season I seem to recall. Good move for all concerned, but I would hope we can bring him back if we have a spate of injuries.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does anyone else think we might regret this, he is way down the pecking order but does offer something very different to our current wingers. If any or all of them stop producing, Lua Lua could have been valuable.

I suppose it depends on who or if we bring in anyone ourselves.

I know what you mean, but I think they'll be OK. I love Kaz, but my issue with him is that you KNOW what he's going to do when he gets the ball – probably because he's done it so many times (albeit often successfully) – so the stepovers and switchbacks aren't a surprise to the opposition. Whereas with Knocky, for example (and, to an extent, Solly) you often end up thinking 'how the HELL did he do that?' after they've either scored or assisted.

On his day, brilliant, but he's had less of an impact after every injury (understandably, probably) so possibly a chance will do him good. Good luck Agent Kazenga! :salute:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I expect it will be a similar situation to us and Murray, i. e. he can't be recalled unless all parties agree.

I'm hoping this is a sign of inward investment for us and not something we will regret.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we had 2 wingers injured, he'd be on the bench to start with, and he'd get game time from the bench. Then we'd see.

Can he be recalled?

I doubt it. Pretty sure half season loans don't allow for a recall.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be on the bench (although you are assuming we don't sign anyone which we may well do this month), I'm talking about him actually being an asset when he comes on. Yes, he could be on the bench but would he impact games. He's not done that since his injury at the start of last season, hence we are loaning him out.

Also, to add to that, he was clearly annoyed at not being loaned out in the summer. No point in keeping an unhappy player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think this may well have elements of a 'tactical' loan by us too. We know when he's on it he's a game-changer and a fantastic player - maybe we're hoping he can help take points off promotion rivals... Almost certainly in-fact...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not saying he wouldn't be on the bench (although you are assuming we don't sign anyone which we may well do this month)
I don't think signing another winger is a priority, and if loaning him out was dependent on getting someone in, I'd hope we'd have the replacement first.

I'm talking about him actually being an asset when he comes on. Yes, he could be on the bench but would he impact games. He's not done that since his injury at the start of last season
How much has he actually played since his injury? If he was all we had, and there was 20 mins left with one of our wingers either tiring or having an off day, yes, he could have an impact. He's had an impact many times before and won us games. Hopefully we won't have a couple of injuries so it won't matter.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As far as I know, senior players can no longer be recalled outside of a transfer window. I think they are slightly different for U-23s and goalkeepers, but in general believe you can now only loan a player for half a season or a full season, loans can only begin or end in a transfer window, and recalls for season long loans can only be made in the January transfer window and 28 days after a loan has begun (i.e. you cannot loan a player out and immediately recall him in the same window).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If we had 2 wingers injured, he'd be on the bench to start with, and he'd get game time from the bench. Then we'd see.

Can he be recalled?

He can, if we write that into the deal. Whether QPR would agree to that, is supposition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here