Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Jeremy Corbyn suggests earnings cap

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38568116

and he will be joining the Southern Rail strikers on the picket line.

I assume he never wants to live in Downing Street then.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

21 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I assume you are probably right - he'll seemingly always value his principles above his ambitions. Quite a refreshing change from the rest of them, don't you think?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!

No it would seem he doesn't. That sort of thing plays brilliantly with young Momentum activists and Trotskyite union leaders but then again those are his support base. They play out terribly to the rest of the country. Once again he's preaching to the choir.

Contrast that with Farage who'd recite verbatim a combination of a Sun editorial and Donald Trump's twitter feed for three extra votes in the country. Corbyn is the more principled man yet he's got as much chance of leading the country as I have partnering Lewis Dunk at centre back against Newcastle.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      ................ Corbyn is the more principled man yet he's got as much chance of leading the country as I have partnering Lewis Dunk at centre back against Newcastle.
      As a lifelong Labour voter I'd fancy your chances more! Let's hope Duffy doesn't get injured
      August 1959 - August 2016
      57 years following the Albion
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      never quite sure what advocates think a wage cap will actually achieve. many executives are paid their headline grabing salary and bonus as shares, would this be counted, along with all other loopholes and forms of payments in kind? why do we want to loose the 40% tax? remember over a quarter of tax revenues come from the top 1%, whos going to pick up the slack if they dont earn so much?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

4 Not allowed!
      I was pro Corbyn but I think that's it for me, irrespective of any merits it's just a stupid thing to announce in an interview and will completely dominate any of the positive things he was intending to say in his speech and interviews today.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I assume you are probably right - he'll seemingly always value his principles above his ambitions. Quite a refreshing change from the rest of them, don't you think?
      Agreed, in principal. The problem though is that if you are never in power whatever he thinks is completely irrelevant. Being a politician is about getting things done. Blair learnt that you can have principles but if you are always in opposition whats the point. Corbyn will never rule and get anything he wants because he isn't willing to play the game to get into power. Very foolish.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Agreed, in principal. The problem though is that if you are never in power whatever he thinks is completely irrelevant. Being a politician is about getting things done. Blair learnt that you can have principles but if you are always in opposition whats the point. Corbyn will never rule and get anything he wants because he isn't willing to play the game to get into power. Very foolish.
      He's really NOT a (professional) politician though, is he? That's the point. He's simply not prepared to 'play the game' as you kindly put it.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I am a real big fan of Corbyn and I totally agree with you that it is refreshing to see that BUT - He has a job to do now and that is to get elected because he cannot invoke those principles if he doesn't get Labour Elected.

The issue of closing doors on trains in my mind is not a fight he should be fighting and that's not to say its not a fight that needs to be fought. It just isn't his fight at this moment in time.
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      He does realise that's the best way to lose a bunch of talented people to O/S business and industry does he not?
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.