Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for recommendations - Panic button for the elderly

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Does anyone have any experience of these systems? My aging mother lives alone and is very unsteady on her feet. We're looking for a system where she can wear a button round her neck which will alert an emergency switchboard which can then call for help. I have obviously Googled - and there are several of these systems available - Careline is one, for example. However, it would be good to get first-hand opinions/recommendations.

Thanks.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Canary Care do some good stuff in this field.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
You might also wish to think about a key safe to be put up by her entrance so if she did fall services could gain entry

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Is your mother Swindon based or Brighton area? For this area I would highly recommend Carelink plus. Wiltshire I haven't a clue

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mrs H works for Welbeing in Eastbourne (who cover Burgess Hill for WSCC) fitting them and all the peripherals so I asked her.

She thinks West Sussex policy is that if you are referred by a doctor/social worker/heathcare professional you may get it free for 13 weeks (then have to pay).

There is a load of stuff that can be fitted including fall detectors, smoke detectors, CO detectors, wandering client etc.

Have a look at

https://www.westsussexconnecttosupport.org/s4s/WhereILive/Council?pageId=585

and

http://www.welbeing.org.uk/

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whomever you go with just drum it into her that she has to wear it all the time she is at home. A neighbour of mine was found dead with her Carelink pendant hanging up on a hook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here