Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup draw...

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
If Lincoln beat Ipswich could this be a TV game or do they have to select the TV games before the replay, I can't see us v Ipswich being picked?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't see our game being on TV. Man U v Wigan probably the outstanding tie and first pick, then Derby v Leicester, Wimbledon v Leeds, Southampton v Arsenal, Bolton v Man City.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Would we have been better off if we had lost to MK...?
Decent prize money too . We won £67,500 for Saturday and a further £90,000 were we to win the 4th round. That buys a lot of stewards for the North Stand Mr Barber.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Decent prize money too . We won £67,500 for Saturday and a further £90,000 were we to win the 4th round. That buys a lot of stewards for the North Stand Mr Barber.

And helps subsidise a Brentford beamback as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Er, pretty sure we would've made a heavy loss on Saturday.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
What exactly is going on at Ipswich these days? They've regularly challenged for the play-offs over the last few years, but they seem to be going through a tremendous slump in form this season - at the very least they've been extremely inconsistent. I know that they were forced to sell Murphy to Newcastle for financial reasons, but is there something more troubling going on at Portman Road?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
8th November (I googled it as I couldn't remember.

Now I knew it was close to my birthday, and I thought it was on the actual day, which it was :clap: . I remember driving back on a super clear evening, and all the towns we passed on the motorway had fireworks displays going off left right and centre, even when we got to the M25 you could see displays all over London.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good away day that one, loads of Albion went. We filled the away end and many Brighton were put in the home end in a corner.

Yes we were in that corner...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Perfect draw really, just a shame it wasn't at the Amex. If Ipswich win our reserve team will probably get knocked out, if Lincoln win our ressies will give them a tough game no matter what Lincoln fans say.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perfect draw really, just a shame it wasn't at the Amex. If Ipswich win our reserve team will probably get knocked out, if Lincoln win our ressies will give them a tough game no matter what Lincoln fans say.
This.

And from a supporter perspective Ipswich would surely do cheap tickets, and Lincoln would be a fun trip up north.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Er, pretty sure we would've made a heavy loss on Saturday.

Would be interested to see how you arrive at that and what you consider is a 'heavy loss'. Say the crowd was approx 25% kids, gate receipts would have been approx £115k plus £67.5k. Most of the ground was closed so running costs would have been reduced drastically, no travel subsidy to pay. Add in something for programmes and concessions. So struggling to see where this 'heavy loss' comes from?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Would be interested to see how you arrive at that and what you consider is a 'heavy loss'. Say the crowd was approx 25% kids, gate receipts would have been approx £115k plus £67.5k. Most of the ground was closed so running costs would have been reduced drastically, no travel subsidy to pay. Add in something for programmes and concessions. So struggling to see where this 'heavy loss' comes from?

Profit/Loss can be defined in a number of ways. Your method looks at the match day revenue and cost in isolation. Nothing wrong with that. Another method involves including day to day club running costs to which match days are supposed to help finance. This is the way most businesses look at their profit/loss. For instance a team in a business will usually have to include in their costs an amount for desk space, HR etc. Under this definition I would imagine the MK Dons game operated at a significant loss.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Aren't these called fixed costs that vary very little?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Aren't these called fixed costs that vary very little?

I would imagine these fixed costs are pretty constant but they still have to be covered. A home FA. Cup tie is an opportunity to make significant inroads into these costs.There is probably a required revenue or 'budget' for every match and Saturday is unlikely to have reached that level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here