Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup draw...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
November the 5th I seem to remember. Kuipers sent off for handling outside the box?

Www.oldfootballshirts.com
8th November (I googled it as I couldn't remember)

4-1 I believe. I was there.
3-1

Was that their promotion game? Kicked off all over the ground I seem to recall.

Bizarrely, as they were doing their celebratory waves from the directors box, there were loads of brighton fans playing a game at the other end goal ...someone has a football and it was brilliant ....then it all kicked off again outside the ground.

No it was definitely an FA cup game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170109-194147.png

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30926/replay-winners-will-face-brighton-at-home

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Good chance I can make it down to Lincoln. Not as much to Ipswich. Good chance of advancing either way and that is the reason they play these cup ties.

EDIT: Depending on my schedule changes I might have to be in our Mansfield soon. Lincoln would be perfect.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just been speaking to an ipswich fan mate. He genuinely thinks they wont win the replay and the only reason they got a draw was because lincoln have a dodgy keeper. They cant scored goals, as they have Leon Best up front.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Not only is our match underwhelming the whole 4th round draw is , come to think of it so was the 3rd round .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Comment on the Lincoln forum:

"Play their reserves and they'll get thrashed" :lol:

Some people really don't have a frigging clue.... the fact our second team is probably (no, almost certainly) better than the Ipswich first XI eludes them...

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
As a Lincolnshire based Seagull I couldn't be happier with this draw!! Assuming Lincoln go through...
Lincoln is a great away day though, city is fantastic and ground is not bad either for the level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy with the draw. A fair chance to go through to the last 16 or to bow out low key - play the fringe team again too and nothing to distract us :)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The last time we played Lincoln away it was a nightmare. Mark McGhee's team and we were useless.

I prefer the match we lost 2-0 just after we bought Silky Dave out of the army and I thought he showed 'promise'.

Still I had happy memories of it being a scorching hot day and playing football in the fire station car park next to the ground before the game so not all bad!

Would love them to do Ipswich as Top of Conference v Top of Championship might be tv worthy.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Hopefully it'll be Lincoln and then we'll be in round 5. Can't stand playing ipswich. They throw everything at parking the bus in stead of actually playing football.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was that their promotion game? Kicked off all over the ground I seem to recall.

Bizarrely, as they were doing their celebratory waves from the directors box, there were loads of brighton fans playing a game at the other end goal ...someone has a football and it was brilliant ....then it all kicked off again outside the ground.

Good away day that one, loads of Albion went. We filled the away end and many Brighton were put in the home end in a corner.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
this is the best lincoln side for years...if they beat Ipswich,we'd better bloody well win,or else i'm in for a shitfest at work..great draw for me,if the imps win their replay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here