Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup draw...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Er, pretty sure we would've made a heavy loss on Saturday.
    Really? On what basis.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Harry!Harry!Harry!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      What exactly is going on at Ipswich these days? They've regularly challenged for the play-offs over the last few years, but they seem to be going through a tremendous slump in form this season - at the very least they've been extremely inconsistent. I know that they were forced to sell Murphy to Newcastle for financial reasons, but is there something more troubling going on at Portman Road?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      8th November (I googled it as I couldn't remember.
      Now I knew it was close to my birthday, and I thought it was on the actual day, which it was . I remember driving back on a super clear evening, and all the towns we passed on the motorway had fireworks displays going off left right and centre, even when we got to the M25 you could see displays all over London.
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post
      Good away day that one, loads of Albion went. We filled the away end and many Brighton were put in the home end in a corner.
      Yes we were in that corner...
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Perfect draw really, just a shame it wasn't at the Amex. If Ipswich win our reserve team will probably get knocked out, if Lincoln win our ressies will give them a tough game no matter what Lincoln fans say.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stss30 View Post
      Perfect draw really, just a shame it wasn't at the Amex. If Ipswich win our reserve team will probably get knocked out, if Lincoln win our ressies will give them a tough game no matter what Lincoln fans say.
      This.

And from a supporter perspective Ipswich would surely do cheap tickets, and Lincoln would be a fun trip up north.
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua, Hemed

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      Er, pretty sure we would've made a heavy loss on Saturday.
      Would be interested to see how you arrive at that and what you consider is a 'heavy loss'. Say the crowd was approx 25% kids, gate receipts would have been approx 115k plus 67.5k. Most of the ground was closed so running costs would have been reduced drastically, no travel subsidy to pay. Add in something for programmes and concessions. So struggling to see where this 'heavy loss' comes from?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Would be interested to see how you arrive at that and what you consider is a 'heavy loss'. Say the crowd was approx 25% kids, gate receipts would have been approx 115k plus 67.5k. Most of the ground was closed so running costs would have been reduced drastically, no travel subsidy to pay. Add in something for programmes and concessions. So struggling to see where this 'heavy loss' comes from?
      Profit/Loss can be defined in a number of ways. Your method looks at the match day revenue and cost in isolation. Nothing wrong with that. Another method involves including day to day club running costs to which match days are supposed to help finance. This is the way most businesses look at their profit/loss. For instance a team in a business will usually have to include in their costs an amount for desk space, HR etc. Under this definition I would imagine the MK Dons game operated at a significant loss.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Aren't these called fixed costs that vary very little?
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      Aren't these called fixed costs that vary very little?
      I would imagine these fixed costs are pretty constant but they still have to be covered. A home FA. Cup tie is an opportunity to make significant inroads into these costs.There is probably a required revenue or 'budget' for every match and Saturday is unlikely to have reached that level.