Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scooter issue.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hi, if anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

I've just recently got myself a Piaggio 125 fly. Every time I sit on the scooter, it seems to slump down quite a bit. I weigh about 11 stone, so I doubt it's anything to do with my weight. I've tightened the back suspension but the scooter still slumps down when I sit on it. I'm worried it's the front suspension which is broken.

Is this normal for scooters or should I get this seen to?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hi, if anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

I've just recently got myself a Piaggio 125 fly. Every time I sit on the scooter, it seems to slump down quite a bit. I weigh about 11 stone, so I doubt it's anything to do with my weight. I've tightened the back suspension but the scooter still slumps down when I sit on it. I'm worried it's the front suspension which is broken.

Is this normal for scooters or should I get this seen to?

The Piaggio seat is very giving, designed to allow you to sink into it - are you sure it isn't the seat giving, rather than the front shock? The rear suspension is actually adjustable (according to weight) - have you set it correctly? The front fork occasionally sticks on braking, but should release when the front brake is released. Have you had this problem? If so, perhaps it's now stuck in the "down" position?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NSC has an answer for everything. Gotta love it haven't you?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Well thats impressive chaps. and a service manual. :bowdown:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Thanks for the help everyone. I've recently noticed the bike makes a slight clunk on any little bump. You can't hear the clunk but you can feel it a slight bit. it seems to come from the back of the scooter. I'm not sure whether I'm just being a bit over sensitive to whatever it is? I'm taking it to the bike repair shop tomorrow.
But nonetheless, I'm very grateful for the support NSC provides. Very impressive indeed.

Thank you.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Rear shock broken???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here