Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Great bit about us on Football 365.

30 Not allowed!
    Whole article is about the FA cup and pretty insightful, but the bit about us is particularly good:

* One club that got away with making 11 changes were Brighton and Hove Albion, a team that has the Midas touch. Chris Hughton chose to change every player from the victory at Fulham on January 2, but Brighton still breezed past MK Dons.

Like all fans of clubs who have suffered years of past abuse and neglect, Brighton supporters are a pessimistic bunch. Many are predicting a repeat of last season’s mini-collapse, when a small squad was crippled by fatigue and left empty before and during their play-off semi-final. They dare not believe, because to believe is to invite the Gods of football karma to inflict their wrath.

For every other fan of a Championship club, however, Brighton are the blueprint. Success has not been achieved through lavish spending, but by allowing a proven manager to quietly go about his business. Too many Championship clubs are ineffective rehabilitation centres for Premier League just-not-quites or never-weres, but Brighton is the opposite: this is a club that improves players. Players like Anthony Knockaert, Glenn Murray, Gaetan Bong and Jiri Skalak.

The 2-0 victory over MK Dons made it six victories in a row for Hughton’s side. They are unbeaten in the league since September 10 and have now conceded six goals in their last 13 matches. Barring a disaster of unfathomable proportions they will take their place in the Premier League next season, and no club is more deserving. A favourable draw and FA Cup run would be a wonderful side order.

Whole article here: http://www.football365.com/news/fa-c...16-conclusions

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

19 Not allowed!
      football365 clearly know nothing, we've just been lucky so far this season and are due a massive dip in form.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      football365 clearly know nothing, we've just been lucky so far this season and are due a massive dip in form.
      And we haven't had any injuries to key players yet

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      And we haven't played anyone good yet.
      Boxing Day 1979 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan Att. 28,358

St. Patrick's Day 2013 (h) W 3-0 L.Ulloa (2), Sp.Dave Att. 28,499
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post

Like all fans of clubs who have suffered years of past abuse and neglect, Brighton supporters are a pessimistic bunch. Many are predicting a repeat of last season’s mini-collapse, when a small squad was crippled by fatigue and left empty before and during their play-off semi-final. They dare not believe, because to believe is to invite the Gods of football karma to inflict their wrath.
      This is ME.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This is ME.
      No. I'm Spartacus - I mean ME.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man
      Members
      Une oasis d'horreur dans un désert d'ennui

0 Not allowed!
      The Guardian interview with FA Chairman Greg Clarke has a rather more worrying paragraph. "Asked in particular about Brighton boss Chris Hughton, who was born in London and played for the Republic of Ireland, Clarke replied: “Why not? It would be wonderful to see a black England manager. It would put us forward 20 years.”

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      The Guardian interview with FA Chairman Greg Clarke has a rather more worrying paragraph. "Asked in particular about Brighton boss Chris Hughton, who was born in London and played for the Republic of Ireland, Clarke replied: “Why not? It would be wonderful to see a black England manager. It would put us forward 20 years.”
      I don't think the present incumbent will be departing particularly soon.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

0 Not allowed!
      Hopefully,Chris won't move on for a few years yet,but I think he would be excellent for England.Ireland might claim him first though.
      "For those of you who aren't particularly happy with what happened in 2016,I've got some really bad news for you-it's going to get a bl**dy sight worse next year!"-The Nigel 24/11/16.

1 Not allowed!
      Over-confidence is not a BHAFC supporter trait, and quite right too. One game at a time says the gaffer. The only way. Anybody getting carried away should stop.