Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great bit about us on Football 365.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Barring a disaster of unfathomable proportions they will take their place in the Premier League next season, and no club is more deserving. A favourable draw and FA Cup run would be a wonderful side order.

What a load of absolute tosh...don't these people know anything? We havent got a cat in hells chance and thats the truth of it!!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Others might be. I'm still with Spartacus... I mean, I'm with hans kraay and Dick Swiveller. I'll start to believe if we're 28 points clear with three minutes of the season left And we're 5-0 up. Against nine men.

Maybe.

In this situation I reckon I'd be teetering on glass half-full, however that does depend a lot on who the ref is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
however that does depend a lot on who the ref is.

Looking at Mike Dean's performances, he'll be officiating Championship games very soon as he embarks on a journey down to amateur football.

Knowing our luck, the **** will be reffing us more than he does he beloved Spurs. He'll have the Reading, Newcastle and Derby matches - I guarantee. The opposition players will be buzzing around him like flies over shit each time he goes to his pockets knowing that if they can snatch a yellow card from his grip, he'll produce a red for one of our players. We don't stand a chance with him in charge.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That bit about us improving players mentions Jiri Skalak - have I missed something? Apart from that cross for Murray's header against Norwich he seems to me to have gone backwards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That bit about us improving players mentions Jiri Skalak - have I missed something? Apart from that cross for Murray's header against Norwich he seems to me to have gone backwards.

I love the bit about improving Glen Murray.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well, I like it seems a good majority, are loving the moment, but dreading the dip in form and confidence that pessimism demands.
Everyone I speak to from other clubs, all but congratulate me (us) on promotion FFS! Even Bookmakers (often the best guide) are giving absurd odds. I checked on Bet365 our price to be promoted and was staggered. I expected about 4/6 on as a great indicator for us, but they say.....1/10 on! I wish I could share that optimism.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Err - set up more goals than anyone else in our squad this season. A bit of a dip in form of recent but he's been at least 7.5/10 this season.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Even Bookmakers (often the best guide) are giving absurd odds. I checked on Bet365 our price to be promoted and was staggered. I expected about 4/6 on as a great indicator for us, but they say.....1/10 on! I wish I could share that optimism.

That is a 'value' price compared to most.....1/12 in most places, 1/16 on Betfair and 1/18 on Paddy Power.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Doesn't help when you're trying to keep an even keel on expectations. On paper its a no-brainer, good bet etc. None of us can even contemplate the utter crapness of not doing it. The one thing that keeps me cool is CH. When he starts panicking it's time to worry.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Doesn't help when you're trying to keep an even keel on expectations. On paper its a no-brainer, good bet etc. None of us can even contemplate the utter crapness of not doing it. The one thing that keeps me cool is CH. When he starts panicking it's time to worry.

If CH was panicking how would we be able to tell?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His panicking face looks like this:-

chris-hughton-8x6549-2289787_478x359.jpg

Which is in stark contrast to his winner v Birmingham face:-

chris-hughton-8x6549-2289787_478x359.jpg

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010

He'll unscrew his beloved bottle of water with a slightly more pronounced action while standing in the technical area.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
His panicking face looks like this:-

View attachment 80970

Which is in stark contrast to his winner v Birmingham face:-

View attachment 80970
Lovely post.

His self-control is incredible and so admirable.

Impossible to calculate the importance of this "even keel" in helping players negotiate the ups and downs of a sporting season. Makes you wonder how some of the clowns get paid millions per year to be managers and then behave in such obviously unprofessional and counter-productive manner on the touchline...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here