Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Anyone ever been homeless?

0 Not allowed!
    cos I am. Flew to move to CapeTown had cashcard swallowed arrived at my new house and the landlord had changed his mind! I stayed there 2 days he got the heavies round then moved air bnb clients in instead. Wanker. Slept last night on a sofa in a hostel kitchen. Onwards and upwards!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      cos I am. Flew to move to CapeTown had cashcard swallowed arrived at my new house and the landlord had changed his mind! I stayed there 2 days he got the heavies round then moved air bnb clients in instead. Wanker. Slept last night on a sofa in a hostel kitchen. Onwards and upwards!
      a few friends have been in the past, but they also were jobless and didn't have bank accounts so possibly not the same as you

1 Not allowed!
      The British Embassy is your friend.

I had similar in Zambia twenty-odd years ago, hitchhiking around, got to Lusaka and realised I had basically run out of cash, no world-wide ATM's in them days, was put up at a missionaries for the weekend and Monday morning went into the embassy which gave me a load of cash on the back of my mum sending the foreign office the same (poor Mum getting a phone call from the British embassy in Zambia)
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I slept rough in Africa, albeit in the departures of O.R. Tambo airport. I missed my connecting Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi and was 'ordered' ground-side, meaning I had a transit visa and an entrance visa to South Africa in my passport on the same day.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
      a few friends have been in the past, but they also were jobless and didn't have bank accounts so possibly not the same as you
      sorry I think I just thumbs down you was meant to be up cos I agree. I almost got a taste of what it would be like to sleep rough in SA with a laptop and my luggage as I pretty much lost access to any money luckily a coupla friends from Durban helped out. It was a mare and airport security took my meds off me which made things worse. looks like I'm living in a hostel for a shortwhile but you are right it could be worse
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      The British Embassy is your friend.

I had similar in Zambia twenty-odd years ago, hitchhiking around, got to Lusaka and realised I had basically run out of cash, no world-wide ATM's in them days, was put up at a missionaries for the weekend and Monday morning went into the embassy which gave me a load of cash on the back of my mum sending the foreign office the same (poor Mum getting a phone call from the British embassy in Zambia)
      well theres an instant cash thing here dont know if you get it in the UK but someone can send money to a cashpoint and you enter a code saved my bacon

4 Not allowed!
      Yep slept in the car for almost a year was still working, I actually quite liked it no bills to pay 100% wages were mine, kind of miss it in a strange way.
      You make me
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      sorry I think I just thumbs down you was meant to be up cos I agree. I almost got a taste of what it would be like to sleep rough in SA with a laptop and my luggage as I pretty much lost access to any money luckily a coupla friends from Durban helped out. It was a mare and airport security took my meds off me which made things worse. looks like I'm living in a hostel for a shortwhile but you are right it could be worse
      sorry didn't mean to belittle your situation + thanks for thumbs up. It's pretty bad over here for rough sleepers, I'd just walked past one before I saw your email. Good Luck!

0 Not allowed!
      Need anything buddy?

1 Not allowed!
      Yep, I was in 1996. Ended up in Salvation Army Hostel in Ipswich.
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”