Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City v Brighton & Hove Albion U21/23/40s Checkatrade Trophy Tuesday 10th Jan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I only live 15 minutes or so from the Ricoh but I'm not sure I can be bothered. The ground is soulless enough at the best of times.

As for the team I'd think that Ince gets a game as does Rosenior. Hunt, Maenpaa and Towell played in the last round but all 3 played 90 minutes on Saturday so who knows. Up front we look light. Given Manu (I think) and Harper have gone and Lua Lua must be banned I'm assuming James Tilley plays.

I'm going for an old school score of ''Brighton 0''

Normally, given that most of the 'fringe' played in the FA Cup on Saturday, I'd expect that we'd field a very young team in this tie. However, most of the good youngsters played in the U23 game at Newcastle on Saturday, AND have an FA Youth Cup match at the Amex on Friday. Unless Molumby, etc are going to play Saturday-Tuesday-Friday, this one could be a strange mix of 16 year olds plus Ankergren, Ince and Rosenior.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Didn't even realise the game was on.Not a great amount of publicity.Haven't been to the Ricoh,but got something else arranged.Welcome back Liam,hope it goes well!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
On the subject of the U23's does anybody know what's happened to Tyler Hornby-Forbes the right back we signed from Fleetwood? The last time I saw his name mentioned he got sent off in an U23 game ages ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the subject of the U23's does anybody know what's happened to Tyler Hornby-Forbes the right back we signed from Fleetwood? The last time I saw his name mentioned he got sent off in an U23 game ages ago.
Went off injured ( against Orient in the checkatrade group game I think ) and not seen since.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If I lived 15 mins from the ground I would DEF go!

A number of reasons - Part of the fun of football is going for a few beers and a laugh with your mates. In this instance, I'll be going to a stadium on my own with a few hundred other people who would also need their heads checked. Yeah sure, I get to watch some fringe players I wouldn't otherwise see but all roads point to a team set up to lose if you look at the recent line ups. Equally, I was half pleased we got beat in the JPT semi a few years back against Luton. I'd love another trip to Wembley but I want one in football match that matters in a full stadium and lets face it, no-one gives 2 shits about this.

The alternative for me is Wasps V Toulouse at the Ricoh next Saturday. A coach goes from my local pub for free, returns me there, the Stadium is full, I can drink beer in my seat with the only downside being I'm watching Rugby and the kids who go have a drum. It won't ruin my day win or lose but it's a lot more fun than sitting in a seat on me own tomorrow and a lot less hassle than going to Preston again on Saturday.

If I can rustle up a Cov fan from the pub, I'll probably go as the weather is alright as well. At least parking won't be a problem - They haven't even bothered activating the parking booking.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Being a non betting man, what odds would we get for the Checkatrade Trophy, FA cup and the Championship Treble ???
Combined odds are something like 7,500/1 ... not sure if you would get that price from a traditional bookie for a treble on these type of "outright" bets ...

Worth a quid.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Normally, given that most of the 'fringe' played in the FA Cup on Saturday, I'd expect that we'd field a very young team in this tie. However, most of the good youngsters played in the U23 game at Newcastle on Saturday, AND have an FA Youth Cup match at the Amex on Friday. Unless Molumby, etc are going to play Saturday-Tuesday-Friday, this one could be a strange mix of 16 year olds plus Ankergren, Ince and Rosenior.

The FA Youth Cup is an U-18 competition, and the only regular member of the U-23 squad who is still eligible to play in it is Jayson Molumby, so Friday's tie won't affect the availability of the rest of the U-23 squad.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I'm about 30 minutes away and thinking of going. I'll probably be the other fan in the away section (if there is going to be an away section)

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
A number of reasons - Part of the fun of football is going for a few beers and a laugh with your mates. In this instance, I'll be going to a stadium on my own with a few hundred other people who would also need their heads checked. Yeah sure, I get to watch some fringe players I wouldn't otherwise see but all roads point to a team set up to lose if you look at the recent line ups. Equally, I was half pleased we got beat in the JPT semi a few years back against Luton. I'd love another trip to Wembley but I want one in football match that matters in a full stadium and lets face it, no-one gives 2 shits about this.

The alternative for me is Wasps V Toulouse at the Ricoh next Saturday. A coach goes from my local pub for free, returns me there, the Stadium is full, I can drink beer in my seat with the only downside being I'm watching Rugby and the kids who go have a drum. It won't ruin my day win or lose but it's a lot more fun than sitting in a seat on me own tomorrow and a lot less hassle than going to Preston again on Saturday.

If I can rustle up a Cov fan from the pub, I'll probably go as the weather is alright as well. At least parking won't be a problem - They haven't even bothered activating the parking booking.

I'm about 30 minutes away and thinking of going. I'll probably be the other fan in the away section (if there is going to be an away section)

D

Deleted member 2719

Combined odds are something like 7,500/1 ... not sure if you would get that price from a traditional bookie for a treble on these type of "outright" bets ...

Worth a quid.

Checkatrade trophy 25-1
Champions 11/10
FA Cup winners 66-1 !

a £1 treble bet would net you £3657.20p

Cheers guys.:thumbsup:

Loving these odds, might be worth a punt, but i am slightly concerned about the FA Cup.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to Liam Rosenior with his comeback, and the rest of the players tonight !

:albion2:

A place in the quarter finals if we win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here