Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherlock Holmes

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Rather than clever drama and intrigue that was just one big mind f*ck really. Or maybe I'm just tired or the wrong age or something.

This whole series and the last is about Holmes and Watson and how they become the team we all know they are. In my opinion its irrelevant wether they are always solving crimes. It's about the characters and the journey. Read Moffat and Gattiss' comments about it. This is the beginning of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson not the end. More to come, I for one thought it's brilliant TV abd can't wait for more!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Gone way too far up its own bowel system. Some great actors but a relief turning off after half an hour this evening. Please serve up no more of this utter tosh BBC!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry but that last episode was utter tosh. It was so far away from the idea of what Sherlock Holmes was/is that it really shouldn't be part of the genre.

I don't often disagree with you but . . . . on this occasion . . . . .

I liked it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought last week was really good and back to its best. They followed it up with a poor episode last night. Trying to be way too clever, but just ended up confused and pompous

Totally agree with your assessment of both episodes. Last night was poor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought last week was really good and back to its best. They followed it up with a poor episode last night. Trying to be way too clever, but just ended up confused and pompous

Thats Moffats writing. Same with Dr Who. Glad he is moving on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've watched it from the start and while I still kind of look forward to it, it's more with anticipation that they'll get back to actually solving cases rather than running around stopping maniacs with guns from revealing their past. Last night's was rubbish.

I have been enjoying Taboo. It's very good Indeed.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I certainly go along with the idea that the penultimate episode was a good un. For last night I thought it would have been good if Melinda Messenger played the sister, from the setting of the mayhem. It was a nonsense. The girlfriend and I laughed quite loudly when Sherlock's head drifted in and out of the light and the image of him as a wee nipper - with exactly the same thick curled mop - appeared. Anywho, no harm if it's brought to a close now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It seemed to turn into a twisted episode of the Crystal Maze. Weird... and a very strange parting shot of SH and DrW running out of Rathbone House. Oddly disappointing.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I enjoyed the recent episodes including last nights.

Unfortunately I think the highlight was Series 2. Andrew Scott as Moriaty was great and the whole thing has been ok-ish since the The Reichenbach Fall but just not as good.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I have been enjoying Taboo. It's very good Indeed.

+1 for this. Taboo is (so far) one of the best things I've seen on TV for years.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
+1 for this. Taboo is (so far) one of the best things I've seen on TV for years.

Indeed it is. Mysterious, threatening, funny at times, what a cast! It's shaping up to be one of the best dramas ever made by the BBC.
Written with Stephen Knight of Peaky Blinders and Locke fame. Although I think it's passing it's target audience by because of it's Saturday time slot. Not many people I speak to have heard of it which for a multi million budgeted flagship series with the likes Hardy, Pryce, Chaplin and Stephen Graham in it it is surprising. It got mixed reviews by the snoots who like their costume drama to be served on a Sunday with lashings of feel good factor and dumpy cleavage not Hardy's cock and balls and him shagging his half sister played by the always shaggable Oona Chaplin.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Indeed it is. Mysterious, threatening, funny at times, what a cast! It's shaping up to be one of the best dramas ever made by the BBC.
Written with Stephen Knight of Peaky Blinders and Locke fame. Although I think it's passing it's target audience by because of it's Saturday time slot. Not many people I speak to have heard of it which for a multi million budgeted flagship series with the likes Hardy, Pryce, Chaplin and Stephen Graham in it it is surprising. It got mixed reviews by the snoots who like their costume drama to be served on a Sunday with lashings of feel good factor and dumpy cleavage not Hardy's cock and balls and him shagging his half sister played by the always shaggable Oona Chaplin.

Yeah it's brilliant so far. Edward Pryce is great. Hardy is of course immense.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone spot the Paul Weller Cameo in last night's Sherlock?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I really enjoyed the last few episodes of Sherlock - weirdly dark.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I thought it was pretty good. Millions of 'who/howdunnits' on TV elsewhere so bit of fun, comedy lines and mind games. All good stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here