Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burger Thread

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You can keep your gourmet burgers and I will have a Grubbs regular burger any time.....................if they still exist.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah they went downhill FAST. I've been in there before and it's been incredibly busy so maybe they've become too popular for their own good.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Someone on here recommended Smoque at the top of Islingword a while back. I popped by to test out a burger, and won't be going back.

I've only had Smoque delivered and it's been naff every time, not sure what all the fuss is about! Decent hot dog though.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Does anyone actually like brioche buns with a burger? They (and the word 'gourmet' in the description) turn me right off choosing even the most attractive sounding burger.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
mother-flipper-burger-768x511.jpg

Mother Flipper in London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone actually like brioche buns with a burger? They (and the word 'gourmet' in the description) turn me right off choosing even the most attractive sounding burger.

I like them and they can work. Buns (2nd best burger in Berlin) uses a brioche. The Bird uses a dry bland muffin which I prefer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it earlier in this thread but Naz who used to have his van at the entrance to wickes/ staples/ toolstation in Hove is now at Hove Town hall.

Proper burgers.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The best burger I have had is from just outside Kings Cross. Can't remember name of the place but just amazing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The best burger I have had is from just outside Kings Cross. Can't remember name of the place but just amazing.

Five Guys?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6/10

Attachments

• IMG_5935.JPG
    IMG_5935.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 311

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yum yum

Attachments

• IMG_5960.JPG
    IMG_5960.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 264

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sure the close up photography does the food justice.

It looks like a scene from 'Casualty'.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to love going to Samsons in St. Georges Road, Kemp Town. Brighton's original gourmet burger joint.

They did a brilliant bacon and blue cheese burger.

Loved that place........Tuckers was pretty good too.

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any views on a good burger place near Piccadilly Circus? Patty&Bun seems to get good reviews?

We went to http://www.edseasydiner.com/our-food/ Leicester Square.

I don't imagine for one minute it holds a candle to any of the burgers mentioned on this thread.
But it's a little diner, down a side street, round the corner from a massive TGI Friday's, which in my book gives it some brownie points.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We went to http://www.edseasydiner.com/our-food/ Leicester Square.

I don't imagine for one minute it holds a candle to any of the burgers mentioned on this thread.
But it's a little diner, down a side street, round the corner from a massive TGI Friday's, which in my book gives it some brownie points.

Ed's is a massive chain of American diners, available in all service stations, there's one in Churchill Square too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here