Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burger Thread

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
May have already been mentioned, but this is a great addition to the kitchen utensil cupboard for anyone making home-made burgers:

andrew-james-hamburger-maker-p222-3836_image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never knowingly eaten it! What would it bring to the burger? They scraped it out and finely chopped it before adding to the mince.

I've never had it in or with a burger. Just one it's own on toast.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ok I am not sure if this can be answered here, but me and old friends have been trying to remember one of the first out of town Burger Bars this direction, Saltdean, Peacehaven etc., so any help would be great.

It must have been 1981'sh and we all used to pile into our cars and race down to the lights at Rotthingdean heading towards Brighton from Peacehaven and turn left towards the sea, park up near or next to The Coach House pub we then enter a nearby restaurant (it might have been a Thai/Chinese) and go down the stairs to a little hatch where we could order and pick up burgers of our choice, I seem to remember they were quite nice but we just cannot recall the name, if you are of that era and location maybe you can let me know, thank you ??

Gannets roost?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok I am not sure if this can be answered here, but me and old friends have been trying to remember one of the first out of town Burger Bars this direction, Saltdean, Peacehaven etc., so any help would be great.

It must have been 1981'sh and we all used to pile into our cars and race down to the lights at Rotthingdean heading towards Brighton from Peacehaven and turn left towards the sea, park up near or next to The Coach House pub we then enter a nearby restaurant (it might have been a Thai/Chinese) and go down the stairs to a little hatch where we could order and pick up burgers of our choice, I seem to remember they were quite nice but we just cannot recall the name, if you are of that era and location maybe you can let me know, thank you ??

I worked in the kitchen and waited at The Coach House in the mid-80s.

Jul 7, 2003
May have already been mentioned, but this is a great addition to the kitchen utensil cupboard for anyone making home-made burgers:

View attachment 81012

Had a similar thing but only makes small burgers so I switched to a meat press which makes bigger burgers and can also be used to make terrines.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a similar thing but only makes small burgers so I switched to a meat press which makes bigger burgers and can also be used to make terrines.

There's a bloke in another thread moaning that Albion supporters being middle-class. What do you reckon?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Gannets roost?

I think you're right, I was expecting a more Americanised name, but yes Gannets Roost seems to be correct, been boring people with this conundrum for years !!

Just for clarification you did need to go down some stairs to it, after entering the restaurant ?

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Reminded by 'The Usual' thread, there was a burger place in Victoria Road, Worthing back in the early 90's where I would always have their Chernobyl burger - a double burger with West Indian Yellow Pepper sauce and Jalepenos together will strong garlic mayo.

Can anyone remember the name of it? It was opposite the Wortax office where I think Star Kebabs are now. They did great burgers and it was run by a bloke called Marcus and they had a football video game in there to play while you were waiting. It all went downhill when Marcus' brother Roy took over when Marcus went travelling (I think) as he was a liability and screwed the business over.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Someone on here recommended Smoque at the top of Islingword a while back. I popped by to test out a burger, and won't be going back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here