Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

The Burger Thread

1 Not allowed!
    There seems to be a lot of interest in burgers on this site with posts about the best burger vendor, home cooking and medium versus well done etc etc. I thought I'd start a separate thread; I figure if there's not enough interest, or the feeling is other threads cover the topic, it will die a natural death.

I'll kick things off with my usual from The Bird. This is the Dr Zian with blue cheese and US style belly bacon and cooked medium. My favourite burger and it balances the flavour of the chargrilled meat with the 2 classic toppings. One criticism of Trolls is that the burger gets lost with some of his more crazy fillings. I'm not sure if the Zian is perfect though, the bun is a muffin which works okay but in a kind of neutral doesn't-add-much way. That said it is a good sponge for the flavors but I do wonder what another bun would be like. The chips are exactly the way I like them; well cooked and super crispy and I sling a decent amount of salt and a dollop of mayo on them. Add a home made pickled gurkin, raw red onion and a slice of tomato and you've got a happy Herr Tubthumper.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      If you got chips that colour in a chip shop you would never go in it again
      Pig City
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Chips with mayonnaise. You have lived on the continent for far too long me thinks.

5 Not allowed!
      This gourmet burger fad is really dragging. Time for a gourmet kebab craze I think. You can see people debating the tits off who's got the best chilli sauce or organically sourced lettuce, and instead of cans of Fanta in the glass cabinet at the front they are doing obscure us sodas or bottles of Mexican Coca Cola.
      Pig City

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  IMG-20160227-WA0004.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  170.4 KB
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Good thread, badly timed with my January diet !!

I must admit, I am a fan of Meat Liquor Dead Hippie, even more so if I am not paying for it. Thankfully I have a customer that insists we go monthly.

I need to try and think but I had a good burger in London last month, it was buttermilk fried chicken - with a layer of cheese as part of the deep fried burger. It was absolutely incredible.

Was disappointed that Five Guys and Shakeshack did not 'translate' from the US to the UK. Burgers no nowhere near as good. Shake shack is a must have for me when in New York, but a burger, chips and either a milkshake or 'concrete' is basically 2500 calories.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Last Fridays groovy burger venue - different burger every Friday. Nice few beers on the porch beforehand.

http://miami.eater.com/maps/best-new.../whisk-gourmet
      Pig City
      misericordia in fortitudi whitelion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Spanish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you got chips that colour in a chip shop you would never go in it again
      That must be the result of oil used beyond its useful life?
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?

0 Not allowed!
      I not a vegetarian but have become a fan of the mushroom and halloumi burger. Best found at Prince Albert and Lion and Lobster pubs. Meat wise if it says homemade it has to be homemade. Lots of establishments selling frozen shit which Its easy to detect.
      "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
      And it's spreading like pneumonia.
      Doesn't look like going down"
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      There seems to be a lot of interest in burgers on this site with posts about the best burger vendor, home cooking and medium versus well done etc etc. I thought I'd start a separate thread; I figure if there's not enough interest, or the feeling is other threads cover the topic, it will die a natural death.

I'll kick things off with my usual from The Bird. This is the Dr Zian with blue cheese and US style belly bacon and cooked medium. My favourite burger and it balances the flavour of the chargrilled meat with the 2 classic toppings. One criticism of Trolls is that the burger gets lost with some of his more crazy fillings. I'm not sure if the Zian is perfect though, the bun is a muffin which works okay but in a kind of neutral doesn't-add-much way. That said it is a good sponge for the flavors but I do wonder what another bun would be like. The chips are exactly the way I like them; well cooked and super crispy and I sling a decent amount of salt and a dollop of mayo on them. Add a home made pickled gurkin, raw red onion and a slice of tomato and you've got a happy Herr Tubthumper.
      Looks like something you get from a burger joint in Chernobyl
      Football is so beautiful because underdogs are able to achieve good results against giants. Regardless of what others say about our team, there’s always a chance. If you are able to take the pressure away from the team, sensations can happen. I have confidence in this Albion team