Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2017

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
La La Land

Quite simply the best film I have seen in the last 5 years. It is an absolute delight from start to finish. As near to perfect a film it is possible to be

A homage to the Hollywood musical greats and a brilliant addition to a forgotten genre

So many memorable scenes and a wonderful score I do not know where to start

Brilliant acting and a great script and story

Oscars will be showered on this film if there is any justice

It is firmly in my top 10 films of all time

I will be amazed if there is a better film than this in 2017

95 out of 100

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
La La Land

Quite simply the best film I have seen in the last 5 years. It is an absolute delight from start to finish. As near to perfect a film it is possible to be

A homage to the Hollywood musical greats and a brilliant addition to a forgotten genre

95 out of 100

Welcome to 2017 Uncle, I might have to see this as a contractual obligation to Mrs V and I'm afraid it might be similar to The Artist.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Welcome to 2017 Uncle, I might have to see this as a contractual obligation to Mrs V and I'm afraid it might be similar to The Artist.

Far better Vegster. It is simply Magnificent. No doubt for me the best film I have seen in at least 5 years. I really cannot fault it in any way

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
La La Land

95 out of 100

Really want to see this, glad it lives up to thy hype.

Apologies if this was on Film 2016 but I saw Sing Street on Netflix last night, what a film! Tremendous.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Apologies if this was on Film 2016 but I saw Sing Street on Netflix last night, what a film! Tremendous.

Agreed i watched it the other night. Great little film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

It far exceeded any hype. Never been as knocked out with a film as La La Land. Have not felt so good about a film for many many years and what a soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_7pCVebKyc

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
T2 Trainspotting later this month. Can't wait.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is the greatest film bar Spielberg's I have ever seen. Number 5 in my all time list

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
La la Land cleaned up at the Golden Globes. I'll give it a whirl, I like Gosling.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
La La Land

95 out of 100

Does it have to be seen at the cinema or Would home viewing still do it justice?

Saw Rogue One finally and thought it was exceptional bar the Peter O'Toole regent which wasn't great.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does it have to be seen at the cinema or Would home viewing still do it justice?

Saw Rogue One finally and thought it was exceptional bar the Peter O'Toole regent which wasn't great.

A classic film is always better on the big screen but it will transfer well I think

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out of interest what are the 4 above it? Just curious.

Schindler's List, ET - The Extraterrestrial, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Saving Private Ryan. La La Land for me is the best film for 20 years

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Never make it more than ten minutes into a rom-com before I turn off.

This year however could be an awesome one for sci-fi and fantasy.

Alien Covenant, Star Wars Epsiode VIII, Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Woman, Thor, Tansformers, Justice League, Logan, Kong, Planet of the Apes, Ghost In The Shell, Kingsman-The Golden Circle and many more.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

It's not as good as The Artist. It's very good, certainly, and has great scenes, but flattens in the middle somewhat. Still, a worthy film to be seen and enjoyed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not as good as The Artist. It's very good, certainly, and has great scenes, but flattens in the middle somewhat. Still, a worthy film to be seen and enjoyed.

For me it is far better than the Artist but I am pleased you enjoyed it. That is high praise indeed and probably the first time we have both enjoyed the same film :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here