Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney...I WISH!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
According to Mirror we are after the Fulham Number10!
After watching him last Monday and again today the guy would be a fab signing. BUT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN! Cairney is destined for big things but I'm afraid to say I think the Mirror might just be pulling our chains!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He's quality. Just can't imagine that some already safe PL sides will not want to go for him. There must be interest.

Not to mention Fulham look good value for a playoff position the way they are playing, they won't be selling cheap if at all.

Yea, just not going to happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe at the end of the season if we're up and Fulham aren't.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Still 2 1/2 years left on his contract so we'd have to pay full price, which must be getting close to 10m?. As mentioned most likely to happen next year if we go up and they don't.

Would be good though wouldn't it....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He looks excellent on the ball. Not sure I've seen much of his work when Fulham don't have the ball. Better than Kayal? Jury's out for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Still 2 1/2 years left on his contract so we'd have to pay full price, which must be getting close to 10m?. As mentioned most likely to happen next year if we go up and they don't.

Would be good though wouldn't it....

It sooo would. He is such a good player.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
IMO...if Hogan goes for 12-15m then Cairney is worth more! I reckon if you took him out of the Fulham side they would not tick like they do! He would be perfect to push us over the line but I just can't see it happening. Surely CH must have a target because no club in our position would go into run in with only three strikers?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The second transfer rumour within days that takes no account of our actual requirements - both made up by the Mirror.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He looks excellent on the ball. Not sure I've seen much of his work when Fulham don't have the ball. Better than Kayal? Jury's out for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd say he's not comparible to Kayal - more to Stephebs as a ball playing midfielder. I'd also suggest that it won't happen now BUT if we were to go up and Fulham stay down... He'd be top of my list for a midfielder that is a realistic target. Imagine him Kayal and Stephens in a midfield 3 - wow. I'd also go for their right back Fredricks (Bruno is getting on obviously) and also Aluko as another wing/attacking option - I am dreaming though of course. Every respect for Fulham and all that...

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I dont think Cairney would cost anything like £10m. If we were willing to offer the same as we did for Pritchard I think we would be in business

In the summer window yes, but in this one and with Fulham still harbouring play-off hopes I'll expect it'll take a eight figure fee to get him. Anyhow think most will agree that the midfield options we currently have are strong enough for the remaining of the season, any money that is available should be funneled towards obtaining competition / cover for Baldock.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd say he's not comparible to Kayal - more to Stephebs as a ball playing midfielder. I'd also suggest that it won't happen now BUT if we were to go up and Fulham stay down... He'd be top of my list for a midfielder that is a realistic target. Imagine him Kayal and Stephens in a midfield 3 - wow. I'd also go for their right back Fredricks (Bruno is getting on obviously) and also Aluko as another wing/attacking option - I am dreaming though of course. Every respect for Fulham and all that...
Aluko in the PL behave can't shoot to save himself and got burned by our Bong for pace.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Fulham won't let him go in January anyway, they are in with a strong shout for the play offs so will be keeping him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here