Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Negative Chanting - Acceptable or a Lack of Class?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And in response to the tannoy announcement reminding us it's an all seater stadium and that we should all be seated...

"We'll do as we're told!, we'll do as we're tooold!, we're Brighton & Hove Albion!, we'll do as we're told!"

Followed by us all sitting down in the correct seat as indicated on our ticket to a chorus of... Fair enough fair enough fair enough

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
You're just a small town in " "
I wanna go home, " " is a S***hole
Your grounds too big for you
You're just a fat Spanish Waiter
Have you ever seen your c***
He's got a pie in his pocket
W**ker, W**ker, W**ker
You're not fit to referee
You're going down with the " "
1 nil and you still don't sing
You're F***ing s**t, you're f***king s**t etc...

That was the track list for my favourite album back in the 70s by The Carpenters.

I think it was called "Sussex Ambulance" and had on the cover the picture of a Wagon Wheel biscuit being crushed by a Doctor Martens boot.

:D:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::D

Jan 30, 2008
Sad times!!
i've stood on the platform at Lewes on match days when the trains come in from Haywards Heath before the game and looked at the type of fans the club have attracted, it's so obvious it's over as a spectator sport, people walking around with lanyards on thinking they're the dogs bollocks, let em have their 5 mins of fame
regards
DR

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
i've stood on the platform at Lewes on match days when the trains come in from Haywards Heath before the game and looked at the type of fans the club have attracted, it's so obvious it's over as a spectator sport, people walking around with lanyards on thinking they're the dogs bollocks, let em have their 5 mins of fame
regards
DR

Ask them if they wore a Lanyard to Hereford..... That'll confuse them!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
you're just to good for us, you're just too good for us
can you beat us every week, can you be-eat us very week
we for got that we were here, we forgot that we were here
we should all go to the library, go to the library, we should all go to the library

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The chant that makes me laugh is
You dirty Northern something, and it is to a London team or Watford ,Reading etc

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I would love us to start a chant which goes 'You forgot that we were queer'...in the same genre as 'You're too ugly to be gay' and '1-0 to the nancy boys'.

I always enjoy "We're Brighton and Hove Albion and we come from behind"
(particularly now that we do seem to be able to recover from going one down...)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The chant that makes me laugh is
You dirty Northern something, and it is to a London team or Watford ,Reading etc

Especially when most of the players in that team are from Europe, or other parts of the world further south from us...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Genuine question to [MENTION=2330]murray[/MENTION]17 : what repertoire of songs would you suggest we sing away from home if not some polite home team/geographical stereotype bating?

Could leave the cupboard somewhat bare....

We're not as witty an away crowd these days but that I think comes with moderate success and expectation.

Some Classic away day action would never happen now because it's all a bit gentrified. I think you need a happy medium of the slightly ott brigade and the travelling masses to set the right tone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Call me old fashioned but you cant beat 19th century chants such as -you're just a bunch of wayne kerrs..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Genuine question to [MENTION=2330]murray[/MENTION]17 : what repertoire of songs would you suggest we sing away from home if not some polite home team/geographical stereotype bating?

Could leave the cupboard somewhat bare....

We're not as witty an away crowd these days but that I think comes with moderate success and expectation.

Some Classic away day action would never happen now because it's all a bit gentrified. I think you need a happy medium of the slightly ott brigade and the travelling masses to set the right tone.

Player's songs. Liam Rosenior should have a song imo.

One that I haven't heard for a long time is, We had joy, we had fun, we had Palace on the run...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm with you. I'm penning a little tune for us now.

"In your middle class homes,
You look in the Farmer's Market
For something local to eat
you find organic cows cheek
And you think it's a treat
You wait for a train
But it never comes
In your middle class homes"

We were thinking about that last season at Craven Cottage. I seem to remember one half of the Roar team mentioned it again last weekend :)

In your Fulham slums
In your Fulham slums
You pop into Waitrose for something to eat
You find some foie gras & you think it's a treat
In your Fulham slums

etc

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We were thinking about that last season at Craven Cottage. I seem to remember one half of the Roar team mentioned it again last weekend :)

In your Fulham slums
In your Fulham slums
You pop into Waitrose for something to eat
You find some foie gras & you think it's a treat
In your Fulham slums

etc
Would that be the larger half of the roar team that was on here saying that when he walked through the level the song macarthur park came into his head :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here