Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Negative Chanting - Acceptable or a Lack of Class?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Watching Spurs v Villa. All I can hear from the Villa fans is negative chanting: 'Your support is f**king sh*t', and

'How bad are you, it's only 1-0'.

Would be nice to hear them get behind their team, instead of focusing on antagonising the opposition fans.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Watching Spurs v Villa. All I can hear from the Villa fans is negative chanting: 'Your support is f**king sh*t', and

Would be nice to hear them get behind their team, instead of focusing on antagonising the opposition fans.

you sound middle class

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I quite liked the rather pathetic Villa chant about Spurs never winning the Champion's League. Desperate stuff from a club that has fallen so far

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"You're just a shit Bristol Rovers" and "You're supposed to be at home" were polite compliments then, were they?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's Baaaaaanter! :wink:
You have to slag off the other team! :wave:
I thought it was Villa at home at one stage, as the Spurs fans were so quiet!

You're just a small town in " "
I wanna go home, " " is a S***hole
Your grounds too big for you
You're just a fat Spanish Waiter
Have you ever seen your c***
He's got a pie in his pocket
W**ker, W**ker, W**ker
You're not fit to referee
You're going down with the " "
1 nil and you still don't sing
You're F***ing s**t, you're f***king s**t etc

Many Many others. All can be great and are part of what being a supported is all about. I'd suggest 1 third, maybe half at some games are what the OP might describe as negative chanting.

And long may it continue.....

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Has the OP ever been to an away game?

Yes, went to plenty in my 20s, not now though. Used to sing those negative chants too, but now think it says a lot about fans if the best they can do is criticise the opposition.

Villa stood a chance today, but chose to sit back and be negative (bit like their fans I suppose). Getting behind their team may have made a difference.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
"He left coz you're shit" has been my favourite chant at Fulham recently...

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes, went to plenty in my 20s, not now though. Used to sing those negative chants too, but now think it says a lot about fans if the best they can do is criticise the opposition.

Villa stood a chance today, but chose to sit back and be negative (bit like their fans I suppose). Getting behind their team may have made a difference.

That's sh*t and you know it is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

i opened the thread expecting it to be about something along the lines of having a go at our own players or such,but to say i am a little confused is an understatement,this is football? always has been and always will be....

goading the opposition is acceptable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here