Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunemeier or Goldson vs Preston?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Based on yesterday's game - Hunemeier to start against Preston.
Goldson looked very rusty. I have a feeling Hughton will play Goldson based on his performances of last season.
Agree. Goldson seemed to hesitate or hold on to the ball for too long, on a few occasions, and potentially made life difficult for the team. Uwe looked assured and quite sharp, throwing himself into things from early doors despite the bandaging still on his hand/wrist. I would rather it be Hunemeier than Goldson at the moment. He also could do with the game time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've got real worries over Uwe in the air. When he's played teams have pumped in high balls that have not been dealt with and Preston have a couple of huge forwards..

This is what made me think he was small, he may be mobile and nippy for a CB but he is below average in the air for a top Championship CB

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think it might depend on the format of the midfield and game tactics. Dunk does a lot more than provide aerial power we need some one to take the ball forward and make those upfield interceptions. So might go with three midfielders which given what I saw yesterday would be Kayal, Sidwell and Stephens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based on last season's performances, I'd think Goldson was ahead, but if Uwe was better yesterday, that might make the decision harder for Chris. It might come down to who does better with Duffy in training.
My concern with BFG is his size, he LOOKS very small for a CB at this level, I would go with Goldson

Edit just checked and apparently Goldson is only an inch taller so what do I know :shrug:
The clue's in the name.

Jimmy Grimble

Hunemeier for me as well

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've got real worries over Uwe in the air. When he's played teams have pumped in high balls that have not been dealt with and Preston have a couple of huge forwards. For that reason I'd personally play Goldson. However, the correct choice is the one CH makes and, agreed, it's a nice problem to have.

Good point this - Preston are very direct, especially if they play that ginormous bloke who got the late goal at the Amex. Makienok is it? Personally I think there's a tendency to forget how good Uwe was before he got his long-term injury, but I could see the aerial case for Goldson vs Preston.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've got real worries over Uwe in the air. When he's played teams have pumped in high balls that have not been dealt with and Preston have a couple of huge forwards.
Indeed, as evidenced by their late equaliser at home.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can see why people are suggesting Huhnemeier but I think Hughton will go with Goldson. Goldson has been on the bench in recent weeks and kept a clean sheet along with Duffy at Wigan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Uwe. He's a left sided player and I think his style will compliment Duffy better. Let Duffy deal with the aerial stuff and Uwe can mop up the rest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BFG is the same height as Sol Campbell. Taller than John Terry but 1/2 inch shorter than Rio Ferdinand. Height is not an issue but the 6"4 duo of Duffy & Dunk make him look short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here