Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk dons fans

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was in town with the Dorris this afternoon and drove past spoons on west street and saw what could best be described as an attempt at a 'firm' from MK Dons. About ten young chaps clad in the standard chap apparel. Nearly crashed the motor such was my surprise.

Bottom line is MK Dons should not have a fanbase. Anyone who gets up in the morning and supports ****ing MK Dons deserves severe health issues.

The Dorris :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So they brought 700 for their cup final. About 50 of them sang. Sporadically.

So they pipe up with "your support is ****ing shit". Erm, didn't we take 7,000 to the reverse fixture last season?

Then, with the game effectively over, a few home fans make for the exit (along with a good few MK) and they give it "loyal supporters". Erm, who exactly did you support before the franchise? Many of our fans that were there today we're travelling 75 miles to home games 14 years ago, before your tinpot, despisable outfit was even created.

Wankers

You have literally summed up my thoughts through the entire game when they occasionally piped up. Embarrassed for them with some of the half audible (generic) songs they sang. They're not even football supporters in my book and I refuse to recognise them as a real football club. The fact we had 10k or so home fans there for a ressie team game against a lower league 'club' means it will be a game of little atmosphere.

Oh and anyone who 'clapped' their attendance at the end need to learn some football history.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - good summary of how I feel right there.

How many would we have taken up there, today, for an early roundCup game featuring reserves and those needing a run out? I'd suggest 700 wouldn't be too far away.

Wrong comparison as it was their first team - they wouldn't know or care what team we were putting out. But yes we'd take around that to a cup Fixture there I'm sure so there isn't a direct comparison to the league game. The fact is they're MK Franchise and they don't have the right to sing any songs about shit support or loyal supporters - ever.

On a side note you can tell they're an invented football club they literally have a handful of songs and even their signing sounds odd. And I've watched many episodes of MK Fan TV to draw these conclusions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was working this morning, and- to my general astonishment- saw a guy in an MK Dons shirt walking around Polegate. Didn't expect that.

I know I should be over the whole MK thing by now, but to be honest, they still grate with me. And for them to start singing- to ANY club- that their support is "****ing shit" is an absolute liberty. These are people who could have supported any number of clubs in their region, who could have supported their local non-league side, but who chose to latch on to an artificially created sham of a club. Their stadium is (one third) filled by people on free schools tickets waving foam hands and clapping along like they're watching an episode of Gladiators, c.1990.

That said, I do hope those hatstands from MK Dons Fans TV turned up today. I can't wait to see what those spotty idiots thought :lol:

I could clearly see the **** in the hat - well I'm 90% sure it was him. Yellow away shirt and blazer over the top, hat and had his arms folded standing up - just behind the goal. Would have got a selfie if I'd seen him outside :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our 7000 turnout for an away match must be linked to our average home attendance,well done for the Dons supporters travelling for a match they had little chance of winning

If I was a mod, I'd ban you for a week for that comment alone. And I'm not joking.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was in town with the Dorris this afternoon and drove past spoons on west street and saw what could best be described as an attempt at a 'firm' from MK Dons. About ten young chaps clad in the standard chap apparel. Nearly crashed the motor such was my surprise.

Bottom line is MK Dons should not have a fanbase. Anyone who gets up in the morning and supports ****ing MK Dons deserves severe health issues.

I walked past Spoons in West Street after the game on the way to the cinema with my 17 yr old and saw what was probably the same 'firm' as you describe. Dear oh dear, they were pitiful. They looked so tragic that I reckon my son could have held his own against them and he's 5'9'', about 9 stone and your typical middle-class 'never had a fight in his life' glasses-wearing teenager!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I could clearly see the **** in the hat - well I'm 90% sure it was him. Yellow away shirt and blazer over the top, hat and had his arms folded standing up - just behind the goal. Would have got a selfie if I'd seen him outside [emoji106]
It's a crying shame that they seem to have given up making videos. MK Dons Fans TV was one of the greatest things on the internet ever. Just off to check YouTube on the off chance that it's been resurrected......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was working this morning, and- to my general astonishment- saw a guy in an MK Dons shirt walking around Polegate. Didn't expect that.

I know I should be over the whole MK thing by now, but to be honest, they still grate with me. And for them to start singing- to ANY club- that their support is "****ing shit" is an absolute liberty. These are people who could have supported any number of clubs in their region, who could have supported their local non-league side, but who chose to latch on to an artificially created sham of a club. Their stadium is (one third) filled by people on free schools tickets waving foam hands and clapping along like they're watching an episode of Gladiators, c.1990.

That said, I do hope those hatstands from MK Dons Fans TV turned up today. I can't wait to see what those spotty idiots thought :lol:

And if we took a few to an away prem tie who played their second string and had a half full stadium of fans not singing our lot would do the same as MK fans did today.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yep - good summary of how I feel right there.

How many would we have taken up there, today, for an early roundCup game featuring reserves and those needing a run out? I'd suggest 700 wouldn't be too far away.
Bullshit. At 12 quid a ticket we would have had a couple of thousand, minimum. It's a doddle to get to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What grates the most with me about MK Dons was the total lack of consideration shown by the Football League towards Northampton Town and Luton. It's just not right that a club can magically be created bang smack in the middle of their catchment areas and the same division as one and above the other. Not surprising though seeing as the league hates teams like Luton and Millwall and clearly doesn't care about the small unfashionable teams like Northampton.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I walked past Spoons in West Street after the game on the way to the cinema with my 17 yr old and saw what was probably the same 'firm' as you describe. Dear oh dear, they were pitiful. They looked so tragic that I reckon my son could have held his own against them and he's 5'9'', about 9 stone and your typical middle-class 'never had a fight in his life' glasses-wearing teenager!

I think I saw these guys at the station. I had to chuckle at their clothes, it's like they'd watched a video of what a firm should look like and made a vague attempt at copying it. One guy was wearing a zip-up Ellesse top, I have to admit I didn't know Ellesse still existed.

They were chanting things like:

"We're the real Wimbledon"

"We won the cup in 88"

Bellends.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Bit harsh. No different to what I've seem our travelling support sing or that of other teams.

I think 700 is darn good effort, especially considering how tricky our club made it with transport options and with further consideration to the fact busses were replacing trains on the London services.

Our league attendance last term was amazing, but it's comparing chalk and cheese. Had this fixture been at stadium MK, I'm not so sure we would have taken as many as MK bought down here.

I'm not an apologist for the MK franchise, but their fans made a good effort and many of them probably are barely away of the events a generation ago that led to their club.

I would give 5 minutes applause to the fans from Wimbledon who stuck with their club through it all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Sussex Dons :ohmy: How many are there?

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
What grates the most with me about MK Dons was the total lack of consideration shown by the Football League towards Northampton Town and Luton. It's just not right that a club can magically be created bang smack in the middle of their catchment areas and the same division as one and above the other. Not surprising though seeing as the league hates teams like Luton and Millwall and clearly doesn't care about the small unfashionable teams like Northampton.

MK is a growing city and on population terms fully warrants a football league team.
It is just that Winkelman went about it the wrong way and should have started from scratch like AFC.
Methinks that the property deals around the stadium would not have happened if they were in the vanarama so it was an exercise driven by money and vanity. In 5 years time, the stadium will probably end up in the ownership of Northampton Saints so that they can compete with the Wasps franchise up the road.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What goal?

The South goal with a view to from the West Stand. If we're being pedantic just to the left of the goal as you're facing it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here