Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also doubled what reading got in their first season at the madstad
    Reading
    http://european-football-statistics....nclub/read.htm

for comparison

Brighton
    http://www.european-football-statist...tnclub/bha.htm
    In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Did you follow the Albion to Priestfield then? We were only there for two seasons but when we first went there were no guarantees, as far as remember that we would be back that soon?

With regard to the franchise issue, I'm still not sure what Wimbledon should have done. They were a failing business model, hadn't played in their own borough for several years and were thrown a lifeline by moving to Milton Keynes. What were they supposed to do? Say no thank you, we'll move but please put us in the lowest division possible, or just let the club go bankrupt? If anyone wants to bear a grudge then surely it should be against the FA and the powers that be.

As for others saying they should drop the name Dons and that will sort, who are you trying to kid. A lot on here will never let it drop because I would suggest it makes them feel like superior supporters!!!
      When the FA granted permission for us to ground share with Gillingham, it was granted with a time limit attached. We were allowed to move on the proviso that we would return within a set number of years. The capitulation to franchising came a few years later.

Wimbledon were fairly shoddily treated by Merton borough council, but Winkleman's motivation was not to throw a lifeline to Wimbledon, he was out to steal a football club from it's community for the benefit of his own development plans. His consortium had approached a number of other clubs before he picked off Wimbledon: He tried Luton and QPR. He even wanted Palace. A fate I can't bring myself to wish on even their fans.

People won't let it drop because it was wrong. It doesn't get less wrong the longer ago it was. This seems evidenced by the FA making sure that it has never happened again. I seem to remember that they subsequently changed their rules. When we were looking for a permanent home FA rules required that our site was within a set distance from Brighton & Hove.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
      When the FA granted permission for us to ground share with Gillingham, it was granted with a time limit attached. We were allowed to move on the proviso that we would return within a set number of years. The capitulation to franchising came a few years later.

Wimbledon were fairly shoddily treated by Merton borough council, but Winkleman's motivation was not to throw a lifeline to Wimbledon, he was out to steal a football club from it's community for the benefit of his own development plans. His consortium had approached a number of other clubs before he picked off Wimbledon: He tried Luton and QPR. He even wanted Palace. A fate I can't bring myself to wish on even their fans.

People won't let it drop because it was wrong. It doesn't get less wrong the longer ago it was. This seems evidenced by the FA making sure that it has never happened again. I seem to remember that they subsequently changed their rules. When we were looking for a permanent home FA rules required that our site was within a set distance from Brighton & Hove.
      But if the move to Withdean hadn't worked out then we would have been stuck there for maybe longer than the time limit imposed so new terms would have been negotiated. We got no help from Crawley but our advantage was that we weren't being shafted by our local authority.

As for all this willy waving about crowd sizes, Wimbledon never got big crowds so of course that isn't a fair comparison between them and us. I'll say it again, I believe any grudge people have should be directed at the FA (even though the rules have now been changed so it's a bit pointless).

As for Winkelman, don't really know the guy but maybe had Merton facilitated the return of the club then maybe a shitty area of Wimbledon might have seen the development that now surrounds stadium MK. I'm not going to lose any sleep over him or MK Dons.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Do you mean the ones that travelled up to Milton Keynes for all the home matches, or the ones that started a new club?
      The former.
      too = to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively, in addition; also.
      to = used to indicate the place, person, or thing that someone or something moves toward, used to indicate the place where someone participates in a particular activity, used to indicate the direction of something

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Keith Patel View Post
      That photograph.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Part of the joy of supporting football (IMO) is winding up opposition fans so MK Dong fans have succeeded. People should have just ignored them.

1 Not allowed!
      I HUGELY dislike the club but I can't really dislike the fans.

If I was in a town with no club and one suddenly turned up and was my local one, I'd probably go.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grimble View Post
      I reckon you are one of the most predictable users on this board
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      I HUGELY dislike the club but I can't really dislike the fans.

If I was in a town with no club and one suddenly turned up and was my local one, I'd probably go.
      Yes, absolutely.

But they need to drop the 'Dons' and move on.
      Out of contract June 2017 : Stockdale, Maenpaa, Ankers, Bong, Stephens, Sidwell, O'Grady

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      What a ****ing dick...Shame someone didn't stick one on him....
      no the best place
      regards
      DR

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      I walked past Spoons in West Street after the game on the way to the cinema with my 17 yr old and saw what was probably the same 'firm' as you describe. Dear oh dear, they were pitiful. They looked so tragic that I reckon my son could have held his own against them and he's 5'9'', about 9 stone and your typical middle-class 'never had a fight in his life' glasses-wearing teenager!
      DRINKING IN WEATHER SPOONS on west street, need a bit more imagination
      regards
      DR