Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk dons fans

3 Not allowed!
    What grates the most with me about MK Dons was the total lack of consideration shown by the Football League towards Northampton Town and Luton. It's just not right that a club can magically be created bang smack in the middle of their catchment areas and the same division as one and above the other. Not surprising though seeing as the league hates teams like Luton and Millwall and clearly doesn't care about the small unfashionable teams like Northampton.
    My music blog: de-minimis music

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I walked past Spoons in West Street after the game on the way to the cinema with my 17 yr old and saw what was probably the same 'firm' as you describe. Dear oh dear, they were pitiful. They looked so tragic that I reckon my son could have held his own against them and he's 5'9'', about 9 stone and your typical middle-class 'never had a fight in his life' glasses-wearing teenager!
      I think I saw these guys at the station. I had to chuckle at their clothes, it's like they'd watched a video of what a firm should look like and made a vague attempt at copying it. One guy was wearing a zip-up Ellesse top, I have to admit I didn't know Ellesse still existed.

They were chanting things like:

"We're the real Wimbledon"

"We won the cup in 88"

Bellends.
      Kiss my face

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post
      Bullshit. At 12 quid a ticket we would have had a couple of thousand, minimum. It's a doddle to get to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Even if we were at the arse end of league one playing a team in the division above us?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
      Bit harsh. No different to what I've seem our travelling support sing or that of other teams.

I think 700 is darn good effort, especially considering how tricky our club made it with transport options and with further consideration to the fact busses were replacing trains on the London services.

Our league attendance last term was amazing, but it's comparing chalk and cheese. Had this fixture been at stadium MK, I'm not so sure we would have taken as many as MK bought down here.

I'm not an apologist for the MK franchise, but their fans made a good effort and many of them probably are barely away of the events a generation ago that led to their club.
      I would give 5 minutes applause to the fans from Wimbledon who stuck with their club through it all.
      Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

---- L. Ron Hubbard

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      I would give 5 minutes applause to the fans from Wimbledon who stuck with their club through it all.
      Do you mean the ones that travelled up to Milton Keynes for all the home matches, or the ones that started a new club?

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  602.9 KB

Sussex Dons How many are there?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      What grates the most with me about MK Dons was the total lack of consideration shown by the Football League towards Northampton Town and Luton. It's just not right that a club can magically be created bang smack in the middle of their catchment areas and the same division as one and above the other. Not surprising though seeing as the league hates teams like Luton and Millwall and clearly doesn't care about the small unfashionable teams like Northampton.
      MK is a growing city and on population terms fully warrants a football league team.
      It is just that Winkelman went about it the wrong way and should have started from scratch like AFC.
      Methinks that the property deals around the stadium would not have happened if they were in the vanarama so it was an exercise driven by money and vanity. In 5 years time, the stadium will probably end up in the ownership of Northampton Saints so that they can compete with the Wasps franchise up the road.
      Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      I could clearly see the **** in the hat - well I'm 90% sure it was him. Yellow away shirt and blazer over the top, hat and had his arms folded standing up - just behind the goal. Would have got a selfie if I'd seen him outside
      What goal?
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
      What goal?
      The South goal with a view to from the West Stand. If we're being pedantic just to the left of the goal as you're facing it.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  602.9 KB

Sussex Dons How many are there?
      This flag actually annoyed me - some **** has our great county associated with that franchise of a 'club'
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016