Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round - Who do you want?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Seven Prem teams gone so far and possiblitiy of at least one more upset so could be fewer than 12 in 4th round. Lets avoid them, get to last 16 by which time we'll be on 70+ points, 10 clear of Toon/Reading and able to concentrate on FA Cup by playing weakened team against Ipswich.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bolton at home

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
About 50/50 we will play a PL club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
About 50/50 we will play a PL club.

Not

Everton
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland or Burnley
WBA

I would like an easy tie and that probably includes Sunderland, but I doubt it now.

Rochdale
Accrington Stanley
Oxford United
Sutton or Wimbledon

if they do not mess about with the ticket sales, as I will go if I can get my seat in East Lower and the trains are running.

Poss

Fleetwood

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sutton or AFC Wimbledon, fringe players need games.
Play the lowest tier teams for as long as they can stay in it, knock out Palace in the semi final to get revenge on Man Utd in the final.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Lincoln at home, should easily win it but a team from that league will be very physical and they'll know they've been in a game, plus they're in good form.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I don't quite get this.

I'm seriously impressed by the quality of our reserves and they all need to be match fit.
A decent FA cup run would be perfect for this season, and that 11.

Kayal and March need game time, as will Rosenior.
Not to mention the centre halfs, Tomer, Towell.

Because the longer we stay in the competition the more it becomes a focus. Hughton will feel pressured to play regular first teamers. Can you imagine playing Liverpool away in the 6th round and Hughton picking Towell over Stephens or not picking Murray or Knockaert? He may resist, but it will be a distraction we don't need. Also picking up an injury to March, Murphy or Hemed etc would also significantly weaken us. IMO the 4th or possibly 5th round is far enough. We need our first team focused and wrapped in cotton wool when they aren't playing in the championship.

Last edited:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I think it's about time the FA Cup went International.
In the 4th Rd introduce 32 International club sides who are currently leading their respective Leagues.
So, that'll be Sydney FC away for me then :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because the longer we stay in the competition the more it becomes a focus. Hughton will feel pressured to play regular first teamers. Can you imagine playing Liverpool away in the 6th round and Hughton picking Towell over Stephens or not picking Murray or Knockaert? He may resist, but it will be a distraction we don't need. Also picking up an injury to March, Murphy or Hemed etc would also significantly weaken us. IMO the 4th or possibly 5th round is far enough. We need our first team focused and wrapped in cotton wool when they aren't playing in the championship.
That's just looking for the negative, with lots of second guessing and worst case scenarios.

I can't see anything other than positives from yesterday's match, and with the exception of fixture congestion, see no reason to torpedo yesterday's team ability to play competitive football.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Would normally be selfish and say somewhere close to me, Grimsby or maybe with a little luck Lincoln. But that weekend we will be down at the Daughters in Essex so a home tie would suit me fine. Due to wife's health issues over the last 6 months I've been unable to leave her for any length of time so haven't managed to get to a game this season. It'll be sods law we now draw one of those teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here