Brighton v MK Dons

FA Cup - Third Round

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th January 2017
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: James Linington
Assistants: Darren Blunden, Nigel Lugg
Fourth official: Brendan Malone

Championship leaders Brighton are without suspended pair Lewis Dunk and Kazenga LuaLua, with Connor Goldson set to replace Dunk at centre-back.

Midfielder Beram Kayal could return after more than three months out but defenders Sebastian Pocognoli (thigh) and Liam Rosenior (ankle) are out.

MK Dons, 18th in League One, have defender George Baldock available after hamstring trouble.

Top scorer Dean Bowditch (calf) remains sidelined along with Scott Wootton.

The Dons reached the fourth round of the FA Cup last season, eventually losing 5-1 to Chelsea.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton told BBC Sussex:

"We will use the squad. It is quite difficult to speak about the values of the FA Cup, as it is the way the game is these days.

"There is no doubt our focus is the league, as it is with many other clubs.

"It is a competition we want to go through in, because of the history, as it gives us more games. It will be a tough challenge as they have players who have played in the Championship and they will raise their game."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have progressed from the third round of the FA Cup in six of the last seven seasons, but lost 1-0 to Hull City at this stage last season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored in each of their last nine FA Cup home games.
    [*=left]Sam Baldock netted in his only previous FA Cup appearance for Brighton at the Amex Stadium (in a 3-2 defeat against Arsenal in January 2015).
    [*=left]After being eliminated from their first four third-round FA Cup ties, MK Dons have progressed from two of their last three (against Sheffield Wednesday in 2012-13 and Northampton Town in 2015-16).
    [*=left] However, MK Dons have never won a third-round tie outright, with each of their last four appearances at this stage going to a replay (W2 L2).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm sitting at home, not planning to go. I've got the lurgy, but the club did not make my normal ticket available, so I didn't bother. I enjoyed v Reading a few seasons ago, so it is a case of being actively discouraged by the lack of seats available and the poor record of the trains.

If Lualua had not got himself suspended, I might have gone.

I remember too many seasons of not even making the third round for years and years in succession.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A cup run would be nice, if only to keep the rest of the squad interested and less rusty. So I'm assuming wheel loose.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Disgusting parasitical abomination of a Football Club.

The only club in the country I would like to see go out of business, if they were to play Palace I'd be cheering the jestermen.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC team v #MKD: Maenpaa; Hunt, Goldson, Huenemeier, Adekugbe; Murphy, Sidwell, Kayal, March; Towell; Hemed. #BHAvMKD

BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC subs v #MKD: Ankergren, Duffy, Stephens, Norwood, Ince, Skalak, Murray. #BHAvMKD

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
7150 away fans in the away League match, how many for the home game?

All they had to do was my normal E1F ticket available and I would have gone.

Travel plays a part as well. Trains.

Messing about last night:

AlbionMK4411.JPG

Team exactly as expected. Weak at full backs (on paper). Meant to be 4-4-1-1.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC team v #MKD: Maenpaa; Hunt, Goldson, Huenemeier, Adekugbe; Murphy, Sidwell, Kayal, March; Towell; Hemed. #BHAvMKD

BHAFC ⚽️ ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC subs v #MKD: Ankergren, Duffy, Stephens, Norwood, Ince, Skalak, Murray. #BHAvMKD

Interesting and a enough on the bench to get us out of trouble if required.

Looking forward to seeing Adekugbe & Towell getting a start.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Be interesting to see how the Canadian lad does at LB. Have heard he's looked good for the DS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here