Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Milton Keynes Dons *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice trouble-free trip today. Kind of enjoyed that game, very stress-free..........

Loads of plusses for me - Kayak looked right back with it and the way he set up the second goal (his control and turn was sublime) was superb, we can stick either of Goldson or BFG in against Preston as they both looked very solid, Towell did a decent Baldock-like harrying job (the lad has an engine on him for sure) and showed a few nice touches, thought Hunt looked OK too despite being almost literally half the size of the lump he was up against. No injuries, comfortable win, Toon having a replay. All good.

The goons up the road are praising their keeper and the fact they kept a clean sheet. Against LEAGUE 1 BOLTON. I'm hoping for Bolton at home in the next round :albion2:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm English. It 'depresses me' to see 'Albion supporters' being dicks to fellow Albion supporters for no good reason.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't attacking you as a person, but simply agreeing with a previous poster's comment about a particular (mis-)use of English. The reason I find this kind of thing depressing is that, increasingly, because English is an international language, the distinctive character of the variant of English spoken in these islands is being lost, as a homogenised American version becomes dominant. I find equally depressing the way in which regional variants of English, previously spoken in different parts of the UK are being overlaid with a dominant 'Estuary English' version of London English.

It's very common, but still depressing, and I don't see why I shouldn't comment on it on a public forum without it being seen as "being a dick to a fellow Albion supporter". If you think (as you suggest in another post) that these relatively mild and polite comments amount to "going after" you, might I respectively suggest that you are perhaps a bit over-sensitive for NSC? Sorry you were upset about it, anyway.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Come on West Brom.

Perhaps you are right but I'm not too sure about it as a stronger Derby is what we need given they are playing Reading on the 21st so personally hoping that the Rams will turn over the Royals, that because at this time Derby are further off us than Reading.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Will continue to put the 2nd string out so irrelevant to who we get.....All about the league:thumbsup:

Agreed but the one advantage of remaining in the FA Cup is it keeps our squad fit and focused when potentially they may have to be brought into the first eleven !

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on Preston!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps you are right but I'm not too sure about it as a stronger Derby is what we need given they are playing Reading on the 21st so personally hoping that the Rams will turn over the Royals, that because at this time Derby are further off us than Reading.
Yeah, but Derby are better. Tough one.

We were better in the second half and could have a couple of more goals, I could understand why there would have been crowd grumbles early on because MK Dons looked to be working harder. Hughton would probably have wanted the players to put a bit more pressure on the first choicers but the main thing is Kayal looked near back to his best and that could have huge significance in the coming weeks and months.

Goldson was part of the first half torpor so it might be close if he gets nod over Uwe.

Big winner of the day was Towell who busted a gut, showed some nice touches and showed he could be a viable alternative for the Baldock movement role.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were better in the second half and could have a couple of more goals, I could understand why there would have been crowd grumbles early on because MK Dons looked to be working harder. Hughton would probably have wanted the players to put a bit more pressure on the first choicers but the main thing is Kayal looked near back to his best and that could have huge significance in the coming weeks and months.

Goldson was part of the first half torpor so it might be close if he gets nod over Uwe.

Big winner of the day was Towell who busted a gut, showed some nice touches and showed he could be a viable alternative for the Baldock movement role.

I'd pick Uwe over Conor on today's showing, but we'll be OK with either.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yeah, but Derby are better. Tough one.

Yeah but we are 14 points ahead of Derby with a game in hand so not too worried about them currently but, on reflection, a draw would be acceptable !

I would also have loved for PNE to have drawn against the arse*** !

Last edited:

Mar 2, 2014
I think people are expecting too much too soon from Solly. He's still young and not started that many games at all in the grand scheme of things. Wingers by their nature are inconsistent. He'll come good but is still to be used as part of a team of 4 wingers.

Agree, the lad is probably more capable than AK and I can't wait to see that potential play out.

Do you genuinely believe that March is "probably more capable" than Knockaert?

If so, that's the biggest overstatement in the long and varied history of North Stand Chat.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well I'm pleased with this result. Job done. Not too happy about being trolled on NSC but kids will be dicks I guess.UTA.

lska.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

:lolol:

To be fair, I'm a grumpy old git that often moans about Americanisms.

It was nothing personal against Seagull Kimchi. If I'd known he was going to turn out to be such a sensitive soul I wouldn't have pulled him up in the first place.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has anyone mentioned the 'funny' moment there number ten had....ref awards goal kick but he seemed oblivious to this ..whilst he's setting the ball up for a corner..everyone's scarpered into MK Dons half...tad embarrassing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you genuinely believe that March is "probably more capable" than Knockaert?

If so, that's the biggest overstatement in the long and varied history of North Stand Chat.
Mmm, not sure it compares with 'Zaha as good as Ronaldo".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought Goldson had a better game than Uwe. Aneke for MKDons was a bit of a handful but Goldson dealt with him quite adequately.

Harsh comments about March imo. He did what he had to do, but wasn't poor by any stretch of the imagination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here