Brighton v MK Dons
FA Cup - Third Round
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th January 2017
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: James Linington
Assistants: Darren Blunden, Nigel Lugg
Fourth official: Brendan Malone
Championship leaders Brighton are without suspended pair Lewis Dunk and Kazenga LuaLua, with Connor Goldson set to replace Dunk at centre-back.
Midfielder Beram Kayal could return after more than three months out but defenders Sebastian Pocognoli (thigh) and Liam Rosenior (ankle) are out.
MK Dons, 18th in League One, have defender George Baldock available after hamstring trouble.
Top scorer Dean Bowditch (calf) remains sidelined along with Scott Wootton.
The Dons reached the fourth round of the FA Cup last season, eventually losing 5-1 to Chelsea.
Brighton boss Chris Hughton told BBC Sussex:
"We will use the squad. It is quite difficult to speak about the values of the FA Cup, as it is the way the game is these days.
"There is no doubt our focus is the league, as it is with many other clubs.
"It is a competition we want to go through in, because of the history, as it gives us more games. It will be a tough challenge as they have players who have played in the Championship and they will raise their game."
- Brighton have progressed from the third round of the FA Cup in six of the last seven seasons, but lost 1-0 to Hull City at this stage last season.
- The Seagulls have scored in each of their last nine FA Cup home games.
- Sam Baldock netted in his only previous FA Cup appearance for Brighton at the Amex Stadium (in a 3-2 defeat against Arsenal in January 2015).
- After being eliminated from their first four third-round FA Cup ties, MK Dons have progressed from two of their last three (against Sheffield Wednesday in 2012-13 and Northampton Town in 2015-16).
- However, MK Dons have never won a third-round tie outright, with each of their last four appearances at this stage going to a replay (W2 L2).