Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail tickets checked at stations and trains today?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Your post comes across as you wanting to know if you can "bunk on the train without paying".
Sorry if i misread this but you can't be surprised if people as less than helpful for those after illegally wanting something for nothing.

Whilst I would normally agree with you, southern have be ****ing with thousands of peoples lives for months on end, why the hell should anyone have to pay?

My journey time to work has been increased since May as a result of extra traffic on the roads (I don't even use the train). It's cost the economy millions and killed, yes killed, extra people as a result of increased air pollution in the most polluted parts of sussex, as well as people not being able to make hospital appointments etc.

Perhaps you could replace your avatar with something more conformist like the Monkees? :)

A very easy train journey in each direction today.

Pre-match from Glynde:- an 8-coach train with loads of seats, even after it left Lewes. On time.

Post-match:- a stroll to the station just after the final whistle and, after a 3 minute wait, a 6-coach train to Lewes, with so many empty seats the like of which I have never seen on a match day. And the queue for this train was short enough to ensure that everyone who wanted to get on it was able to do so.

I think congratulations are due to ASLEF.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Pre-match from Glynde:- an 8-coach train with loads of seats, even after it left Lewes. On time.

Post-match:- a stroll to the station just after the final whistle and, after a 3 minute wait, a 6-coach train to Lewes, with so many empty seats the like of which I have never seen on a match day. And the queue for this train was short enough to ensure that everyone who wanted to get on it was able to do so.

It was a Ghost train !

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

The Guards must have been told they can press the door buttons more like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I didn't pay a penny for my fare today. I used my bus pass on the two buses to the Amex, which got me there in an hour, and similar coming home which took one hour and twenty minutes. Southern can get lost.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Whilst I would normally agree with you, southern have be ****ing with thousands of peoples lives for months on end, why the hell should anyone have to pay?

My journey time to work has been increased since May as a result of extra traffic on the roads (I don't even use the train). It's cost the economy millions and killed, yes killed, extra people as a result of increased air pollution in the most polluted parts of sussex, as well as people not being able to make hospital appointments etc.

Perhaps you could replace your avatar with something more conformist like the Monkees? :)
Southern must be forced to fill train crew vacancies and the union stopped from striking for a situation which exists in other parts of the country,it would appear that after securing salaries of £30,000 for drivers and Southern confirming there will be no forced redundantcies the union are looking for reasons to exist

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Southern must be forced to fill train crew vacancies and the union stopped from striking for a situation which exists in other parts of the country,it would appear that after securing salaries of £30,000 for drivers and Southern confirming there will be no forced redundantcies the union are looking for reasons to exist

Drivers earn a lot more than 30k

Great pensions too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Even if you had wanted to pay today ticket offices were closed and no guards on trains. Thanks Southern.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Drivers earn a lot more than 30k

Great pensions too.

Whilst not nailing my colours to the mast in support of either side in this yawnishly long running dispute, it does have to be said that the above is quite true.

Simply having access to a great pension at the end of your working life, is an absolute rarity in this day and age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here