Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11.30 kick off Cardiff v fulham

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Newcastle in the Cup at the Amex (2nd time) was a fairly early start I think - we had Breakfast Pies as the special option.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
straight out of chapel to the game for the welsh.................................then to the pub

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm sure we played Southend on New Year's Day at 12.00. I remember getting up at silly o'clock to get down from London

2000, allowing Darren Freeman to score the first British pro goal of the new millennium

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was Exeter on January 3rd 2000 that Freeman scored for a 4-2 , Southend was the following season when they brought their beach with them to play on

Fair enough, going off memory. That game must have been the earliest kick off that day though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You travel all that way at that time on a Sunday morning (well about 12 of you do) and you're 1 down inside 10 minutes and you don't have a proper striker playing for you.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Fair enough, going off memory. That game must have been the earliest kick off that day though.

I remember the early kick off walking over the hill to it, as I had worked since NYE on the Friday I wasn't hung over . Southend the following year was the worst, early kick off on NYD, beach for a pitch and losing 0-2 at home so they did the double that season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2-1 Fulham, who are looking as good as they did against us.

Fredericks is destroying poor Joe Bennett.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really rate Fulham - delighted that we've already played them twice let alone got 6 points from them! They'll take points off the current top 6 for sure from here. I'd also make a move for Fredricks, Aluko and Cairney if we went up and they didn't. All class players and would cut it in the Prem.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I really rate Fulham - delighted that we've already played them twice let alone got 6 points from them! They'll take points off the current top 6 for sure from here. I'd also make a move for Fredricks, Aluko and Cairney if we went up and they didn't. All class players and would cut it in the Prem.

And they already have taken points off the top six. Looking through their results, the next highest placed team they have lost to is Villa in 12th. We have done so well to get six points from them (whether or not people think we deserved to win either game) and agree it is great we've not got to play them again.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Should have been 3 or 4 up by half-time at The Amex, and we got away with it again at The Cottage. Stockdale made a big difference in both games ironically. As has been said, really pleased that's it lest a Cup game.
Best side I've watched in this League, aside from us of course.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I really rate Fulham - delighted that we've already played them twice let alone got 6 points from them! They'll take points off the current top 6 for sure from here.

Exactly this.

Imagine how good they can be if they can add a decent striker in January as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here