Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fort Lauderdale shooting

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
i am convinced that the man is dangerous, it may well turn out ok, but to have him as the most powerful man in the world who's actions could affect this country, so if he was taken out I would not lose too much sleep over it.

Hillary would have been more dangerous had she won.
I think all will be ok.

what they need is gun control legislation to stop this happening over and over again

In a perfect world, yes. But it's impossible now. There's no way they can ever sort the gun control issues out.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The problem you have there is that Trump is not an idealogue and so is unlikely to make big fundamental changes that are unpopular and this holds him back from the excesses that he hints and promises in his bombastic speeches. If, however, he gets assassinated then Mike Pence becomes President and that man is a fundamentalist Christian, a creationist, an outspoken opponent of gay rights, anti-abortionist and all that goes with it. Seriously, we really don't want Pence as President.

This with bells on. The prospect of Pence as president is more terrifying than Trump.

If Obama can survive 8 years without some racist nutter trying to take him out I am sure Trump will be OK.

His pledge to drain the swamp and then selecting the wealthiest cabinet in US history is not a great start.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
...it's impossible now. There's no way they can ever sort the gun control issues out.

This. More guns than people in the US and sales surge everytime the gun control debate gets any profile. The horse has bolted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This with bells on. The prospect of Pence as president is more terrifying than Trump.

Maybe he can be shot as well? Who's next in line after Pence?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This. More guns than people in the US and sales surge everytime the gun control debate gets any profile. The horse has bolted.

It's partly because the gun rights lobby is funded by gun manufacturers. It's in their interest to overplay the treat of the government coming to take away the guns.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior will be looking forward to his flight to this airport in May

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Smudge there will be a lot of cruises going from Port Everglades today won't there?

Sounds like terminal 1 evacuated now too.

You were right; two of those killed were due to go on a Caribbean cruise.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Re the Trump/Pence thing. We were talking the other day about how this may well have been part of the reason Trump picked him as potential VP.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here