Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Sheffield Wednesday 20/1/17

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We have such a bizarre ticketing algorithm.

Either way it's going to be roughly 24k in the ground I expect. How frustrating when we need to be the 12th man...
North Stand is sold out.

If they got their act together they could be the 12th Man.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It may well be but up in WSU we can rarely hear them unless it's the whole Stand singing as one in the 'we are the North stand etc' song.

Sure it might sound loud down there but not anywhere else.

Sounds very loud in WSU north end. Really does depend where you sit. We do join In regularly too btw :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I never hear a peep out of West stand apart from Alllbion!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see nearly all £10 tickets gone against Burton . A week ago when obvious Sheffield game not a sell out why didnt they release a batch at £10. Very cold and game on TV surely its a case of trying to tempt people who can take it or leave it.

I see nearly all £10 tickets gone against Burton . A week ago when obvious Sheffield game not a sell out why didnt they release a batch at £10. Very cold and game on TV surely its a case of trying to tempt people who can take it or leave it.

There are actually about 350 available at the moment :shrug:

In addition, I am sure as sure that the other half of S1E and most of S1D will be sold to Albion fans. This would still leave enough for a circa 1300 Burton allocation, which I guess would suffice, but if honest, I ain't got a clue what their travelling numbers are like.

For SW even more released is W1A so 430 still for sale in WSL but not too many in the south remain

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I never hear a peep out of West stand apart from Alllbion!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
This is one of the oldest Amex era chestnuts but when a stand has any sort of atmosphere in it then it has the effect of muffling/masking what noise is being made elsewhere in the ground.

For a good example there is a video online from the Fulham end during our latest match there. In all the minutes of footage, the atmosphere in the Fulham end is decent and you can't really hear the 6.5K Albion fans at all. You would never have guessed that from the Albion end which was pretty much constantly noisy.

In contrast, when a ground is a proper library (like The Amex almost never is) then noise made by a few dozen fans will travel across stands.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

They couldn't suddenly start selling tickets for £10 when previously they had been selling them for more. For starters it wouldn't have been fair on those who had already bought tickets for a higher amount.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You dont know what you are missing out on, the fun that we have in the WSL discussing each others medication and ailments, leaves little time for singing

I meet loads having a rest walking up to the WSU maybe we should all transfer to WSL then we can join in the discussions on health issue.:sick:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We have such a bizarre ticketing algorithm.

Either way it's going to be roughly 24k in the ground I expect. How frustrating when we need to be the 12th man...

I think that there will be more but even if it is "only" 24,000, the atmosphere can be as good as at any time, given the right circumstances. If folk are put off by the cold/TV etc then the chances are that they would not have been the most vociferous anyway.

So a final update, although this countdown has not been as exciting as others as we are clearly a way off a sellout. Mindful it's the last weekend before payday after a long expensive month, and of course it's on Sky. Still expecting an official attendance of about 27k with about 24k bums on seats.

Saying that, with the fine (but chilly weather) I predict a higher number than usual walk ups for this game, so there may be a late boost to numbers

WSL: 378 (mostly in W1A)
WSU: 38 (only singles)
South: 296 (sure another block could be made available but very unlikely to be needed)
ESL: 48 (4 or 5 pairs. More if E1H might be made available if required, but unlikely)
ESU: 174 (mainly in the southern end)

Away following. Reports of 1100 sold yesterday. Their allocation is 1700. Suspect the away fans are either S1B to S1D with S1A and some of E1H as the sterile area and S1E as the other sterile area. Or they have S1A and part of S1D is also the sterile area. Not that it matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here