Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Abandoned Car

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
So I live in a fairly small close, which has about 10 on the road parking spaces and its always very busy and hard to get a space.

For the last 4-5 months now there is has been a banged up old ford with a flat tyre and smashed window just sitting there taking up a valuable space.It wasnt there before and none of the neighbors have a clue who's it is. Vehicle checks show it has VED annoyingly, but no MOT and I suspect no insurance (any way to check this?)

Have reported it to the police as abandoned but as it has tax they have rejected.

Cant report for no MOT unless its been/being driven apparently.

For some reason its starting to piss me off more and more - any thoughts on what can be done? Legally preferably....

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
So I live in a fairly small close, which has about 10 on the road parking spaces and its always very busy and hard to get a space.

For the last 4-5 months now there is has been a banged up old ford with a flat tyre and smashed window just sitting there taking up a valuable space.It wasnt there before and none of the neighbors have a clue who's it is. Vehicle checks show it has VED annoyingly, but no MOT and I suspect no insurance (any way to check this?)

Have reported it to the police as abandoned but as it has tax they have rejected.

Cant report for no MOT unless its been/being driven apparently.

For some reason its starting to piss me off more and more - any thoughts on what can be done? Legally preferably....

https://www.adur-worthing.gov.uk/streets-and-travel/report-a-problem/operation-crackdown/ it may help - although as it's taxed, they may say the same as police. Give them a call.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Bounce it into the middle of the road!

The road from curb to curb is two cars width wide - as much as I would love to, doing that would complete block the close off

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is how I reported them a month or so ago, appears to be an online only service so I can't speak to someone. They weren't interested and said it wasn't abandoned - presumably because it has tax?

Can't be taxed for much longer can it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I used to work for abandoned cars in Manchester City Council - we'd send someone out to look at it and if they thought it was abandoned we'd put a yellow sticker on it and the owner had 7 days to claim. If they didn't we'd then take it and crush it, although if it was of value or had tax etc we'd keep it in a pound for a while longer. Doesn't that service exist in your council?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here