Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry I'll move it when I get home

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If uninsured it HAS to be declared SORN, which then invalidates the VED.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I had something similar in the parking space right outside my house. A two seater sports car, full of crap, that didn't move for about eight months. Big dent in the side and with two flat tyres but taxed and with a residents permit annoyingly. Couldn't do much but tick off the days before the tax and permit ran out.

It's not just the taking up of a precious parking space, it's amazing how territorial we are as human beings. :angry:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nice one - confirmed UNINSURED

Beware - that web site is only intended for checking your OWN insurance. In theory, you have to pay to check third-party cars. Data protection, etc.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Doesn't the ORN in SORN stand for off road notification? It's clearly on the road so they should grab it??

Obviously they either haven't declared it SORN, or the computers haven't been updated.
My guess is the former as it's not offroad.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A friend of mine just gave me his car to sell to someone I know, it's sat on the road atm ready to be picked up on Sunday, it's taxed until the end of the month but my mate has another car now so I don't think it's insured? Surely if it's taxed it can be kept on the road? Insurance only matters if caught driving?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I used to work for abandoned cars in Manchester City Council - we'd send someone out to look at it and if they thought it was abandoned we'd put a yellow sticker on it and the owner had 7 days to claim. If they didn't we'd then take it and crush it

A car in my road had one of those 7 day stickers stuck on it ... in October!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can u borrow a forklift?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Quite astonishing update for you

So I spoke to the police last night following confirmation it was uninsured and without MOT, reporting as a crime.

Anyway I get a call from a PCSO several hours later - he's been out to check the vehicle.....
He feels it's secure enough despite the missing rear window, but the amazing thing is apparently he said it doesn't need to be insured as my road and the surrounding ones are not a public highway.

After I asked can I therefore drive a car around without it being insured or taxed and HE SAID YES.

Unbelievable - the guy was adement.

Not sure what to do from here but this is just crazy isn't it?! Never heard of that in my life

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Quite astonishing update for you

So I spoke to the police last night following confirmation it was uninsured and without MOT, reporting as a crime.

Anyway I get a call from a PCSO several hours later - he's been out to check the vehicle.....
He feels it's secure enough despite the missing rear window, but the amazing thing is apparently he said it doesn't need to be insured as my road and the surrounding ones are not a public highway.

After I asked can I therefore drive a car around without it being insured or taxed and HE SAID YES.

Unbelievable - the guy was adement.

Not sure what to do from here but this is just crazy isn't it?! Never heard of that in my life

Broken window = easy. Get in it & roll it from your private road onto the public highway. Leave it there. Job done

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Broken window = easy. Get in it & roll it from your private road onto the public highway. Leave it there. Job done
I don't know for sure but is that not vehicle theft ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here