Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday drinks thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Now I treated myself to this just before Christmas, a Kilchoman Sauternes Cask single malt. It's a bona ride rarity, I believe it may be sold out, for ever. I bought it with th full intention of drinking it, and that is what I am doing, it is simply sensational.

The best whisky I've ever had is Bruichladdich Yquem Cask. The 'Laddie make some damn fine whisky. I did try Glenmorangie Sauternes Cask, and was most disappointed by it but, like you, I think there's something in this Sauternes/sweetie-whisky combo.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The best whisky I've ever had is Bruichladdich Yquem Cask. The 'Laddie make some damn fine whisky. I did try Glenmorangie Sauternes Cask, and was most disappointed by it but, like you, I think there's something in this Sauternes/sweetie-whisky combo.

That Bruicladdich sounds rather special, it's a wonderful distillery. My all time favourite was probably a 22 YO Caol Ila single barrel I bought many moons ago, but I've been fortunate over the years to be able to buy a variety of superb malts. A 25 YO single barrel Laphroig was a particular beauty, as was a 30 YO Springbank. These days I tend to prefer rarer bourbons, but I do like to find an unusual malt, I go to Hennings in Pulborough, they are quite avid and regularly have some cracking malts to keep my Scottish love affair going. Sláinte

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here