Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince, LuaLua & Hunt (possibly) to be loaned out

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm certainly not laughing.

Some people have a very short memory on here. It wasn't too long ago that plenty of us were raving about him being potentially a better player than Bridcutt, and we all know how idolised Bridcutt was until his head was turned.

Yes, Ince's career has been a bit sidetracked of late, but remember he's still only 24.

He's proven to be adaptable seeing as he started out as a CB but was converted to a good holding midfielder. I remain convinced that there's a quality player in there somewhere that could flourish, given the right set of circumstances.

I don't. Was given plenty of chances, there has been nothing momentary (other than THAT goal) or otherwise to indicate there was enough potential there to ever overcome his shortfalls.

Never like to be critical of anyone in the stripes but we need to accept the club have moved on and we need to move on from the opnions of 'there's a player in there somewhere' for JFC and Ince. I highly doubt letting either go will come back to haunt us put it that way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always said that Ince is Div I standard at the best so this coupled with Lua Lua's form due to many injuries mean that such a move is both very predictable and expected for both of them

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't. Was given plenty of chances, there has been nothing momentary (other than THAT goal) or otherwise to indicate there was enough potential there to ever overcome his shortfalls.

Never like to be critical of anyone in the stripes but we need to accept the club have moved on and we need to move on from the opnions of 'there's a player in there somewhere' for JFC and Ince. I highly doubt letting either go will come back to haunt us put it that way.

Hang on, where have I said letting either go will come back to haunt us?

With the squad we have now I'd have to be blind to think Ince or JFC could challenge for a regular spot in our team now. But for any of us to suggest that Ince is now no more than "Championship bottom half rotation player or League One" is quite frankly laughable to me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I genuinely don't remember that - But I'm guessing you still have a gripe about that nailed on penalty at PPS about 12 years ago :)

Pffff. I can't remember that although It was that long ago my missus came as she was still trying to pretend she was interested in football before she revealed her real interests of spunking my money up the wall and getting her hair cut. I don't think you were there when we won 1-0 in midweek and celebrated by playing pool with 2 strippers....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

With the squad we have now I'd have to be blind to think Ince or JFC could challenge for a regular spot in our team now. But for any of us to suggest that Ince is now no more than "Championship bottom half rotation player or League One" is quite frankly laughable to me.

That is laughable because he has proved he isnt good enough for the Championship even a lower one or as a squad player, so it is Div 1 at the best. Of the 2 Lua Lua is most likelyt to find a low championship side.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Said it a few times but the proper hatred some few show towards Kaz has always baffled me.

Anyway a loan spell for the pair of them would be good, although I'd rather have Kaz than A.N.Other loanee, no need to integrate. Same goes for Rohan, but the probability of us needing Rohan is even lower than needing Kaz, that would be some horrible horrible luck.

If they go on loan and do well and we go up, we've got sales and fees, if we don't go up we probably have to have a bit of a clearout and start again anyway to balance the books, so they'd find themselves with a chance to prove themselves after a good spell.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I wouldn't like to suggest what his 'level' actually is, all I know is he is not even considered good enough as cover with our current ambition. That's hardly surprising since whenever he came on last season to sure us up, he ended up putting us under extreme pressure. People will quote the backpass leading to the penalty at Derby but it wasn't just that game where he put us under pressure. We just managed to get away with the other times. His best season was under Oscar and even then I just didn't see it. His distribution wasn't great then and it's quite evident it has not improved since.

I wish him well, I doubt he will go lower than the championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If LuaLua goes on loan to QPR will it be in time to play vs Reading on Thursday ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If LuaLua goes on loan to QPR will it be in time to play vs Reading on Thursday ???

But he will still be banned? Correction: probably not.

He still won't run off the ball or into space though. He is a good enough player, but won't do the work required.

Unfortunately a bit of that pace has gone and the higher up the leagues you go he gets sussed out that bit easier .

Has had chats at QPR so i think there is no smoke without fire regarding possible move

I do wonder if he has lost a bit of pace but he did come back from the previous set of injuries as good as ever, so I would be sad to see him not being given one more chance here, that ability to beat a man and fearsome shot is not as commonly available as you'd think

Oscar really did him a disservice shifting him from his Chelsea position of centre back - was never going to have the technique you need to be a top class midfielder

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
But he will still be banned? Correction: probably not.

The FA Cup game yesterday was the last match of his four game ban. He should have been available for the game against MK Dons but the Cardiff game being postponed meant he missed the Third round tie instead.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Pffff. I can't remember that although It was that long ago my missus came as she was still trying to pretend she was interested in football before she revealed her real interests of spunking my money up the wall and getting her hair cut. I don't think you were there when we won 1-0 in midweek and celebrated by playing pool with 2 strippers....

You and Bob phoned me at half time to complain FFS. I had a better view, nailed on. (It wasn't, it was dodgy but I wasn't going to tell you that was I) he fact that the pair of you (I assume) found pool playing strippers on a midweek in Derby surprises me not one bit!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oscar really did him a disservice shifting him from his Chelsea position of centre back - was never going to have the technique you need to be a top class midfielder

He's not good enough in the air to be a decent centre back. For a guy who's that big, he's a surprisingly poor header of the ball

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

For someone who has so many "shortfalls" as a Championship midfielder its surprising he's managed to rack up nearly 75 appearances including being first choice for us in a play off season.
Just because we've now recruited players who are ahead of him in the pecking order, and are top of the league as result, doesn't mean he's suddenly up the spout at the age of 24 and that the 23 other Champ teams wouldn't be interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here