Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince, LuaLua & Hunt (possibly) to be loaned out

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems like we are clearing the decks for a couple to come in this January.

Hunt is training with the first team everyday so including him brings our squad size to 26.

If these 3 go it is down to 23 and 2-3 players light.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Hunt is training with the first team everyday so including him brings our squad size to 26.

I would be dismayed if we get any more injuries and we cannot get these squad players back from their loans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That's exactly what it sems like to me. A timely attempt at preparing a squad designed to see out the second half of the season and finish the job.

It all seems rather calm and sensible at the moment......anyone else worried?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would be dismayed if we get any more injuries and we cannot get these squad players back from their loans.

You never know, we might actually be signing players to replace them?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Well if we get injuries you will indeed be dismayed as there is no recall possible on loans agreed this window.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember the 1 million pages on here (exaggerating) when Lua Lua signed. How the mighty fall. Sad to be fair, he needs to take a leaf out of Knocky's book.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We would have to be in serious trouble with injuries to need Lua Lua or ince as they are both well down the pecking order.

That's so true - as the video montage shows Kaz was at his best against League 1 opposition - maybe that's where he should ply his trade.

When he came back from injury towards the back end of last season some of his pace seemed to have gone. He still has the tricks though, so a step down might be the best option for him - if he can get his head round it mentally!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Laugh if you will but Ince is still thought of very highly among Derby fans, played very well against us. Many would be quite happy if we picked up him.

JFC isn't though.

Well, he did put one of your players clean though on goal at Derby away last year.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
By my calculations, 4 injured wingers (I'm counting Rosenoir here) & 4 injured centre midfielders.

If we let those go and don't replace them we'll have 23 players (I think.) You need 11 starters and 7 for the bench so we only need 4 unavailable through injury or suspension (unless you want 2 keepers on the bench) to be short. It's unthinkable we won't bring anyone in.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's such a pity about Lua Lua. When signed on loan, he was one of the most explosive players I've seen in the stripes and I was so excited when we got him in permanently. Sadly, since we've come up to the Championship, his form and impact has been erratic and when he has hit form, it's almost always curtailed by injury. That said, I think we'd have gone up last season had he not had that injury. Our lack of wingers through late November and December was that main factor behind us dropping points at that stage, but then, we may not have signed Knockaert and Skalak...

Given a run of games, he could be a very talented winger in the Championship still, but perhaps needs somewhere with a little less competition for places to really flourish. (And cut out the Twitter and ridiculous 6-game suspensions).

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
What about Bjordal? He seems to be a regular feature of the development squad and has played in the Norwegian top league hasn't he? No chance of him even getting on the bench in a league game with out wingers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What about Bjordal? He seems to be a regular feature of the development squad and has played in the Norwegian top league hasn't he? No chance of him even getting on the bench in a league game with out wingers

He is crocked.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Finally got back from injury and gets himself sent off and suspended for something stupid.. He would have been given a chance tomorrow..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Makes a lot of sense to loan out Hunt once Rosenior is fully fit.
Hunt - but only if and when Rosenior is absolutely fit; we need to be sure we have two right backs available. So long as Rosenior is fully available though, we don't need three...........

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Laugh if you will but Ince is still thought of very highly among Derby fans, played very well against us. Many would be quite happy if we picked up him.

JFC isn't though.

I'm certainly not laughing.

Some people have a very short memory on here. It wasn't too long ago that plenty of us were raving about him being potentially a better player than Bridcutt, and we all know how idolised Bridcutt was until his head was turned.

Yes, Ince's career has been a bit sidetracked of late, but remember he's still only 24.

He's proven to be adaptable seeing as he started out as a CB but was converted to a good holding midfielder. I remain convinced that there's a quality player in there somewhere that could flourish, given the right set of circumstances.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hunt needs games and the other two need another home. Both are top L1 players or be rotation players in a bottom half Champ side but just not needed here. 5th choice or lower and hardly snap decisions

Are you being serious?

You do realise how many games Ince and KLL have played for us in The Championship I take it? Mostly whilst competing near the top of the division.

Yes, with what's gone on since, they are going to struggle to get into our team now. But both of them, injuries and alike aside, are more than capable of playing for a decent Championship team. They are certainly better than rotation players in a bottom half Championship team, and easily a cut above League One.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here