Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince, LuaLua & Hunt (possibly) to be loaned out

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Nobody has. So i'm perplexed why you're so sure he'd be better off playing there.

Not "so sure" that he would be a better centre-back than CM but pretty confident.. more in the Des Walker style than the Tony Adams/Shane Duffy style. He has pace, strength and some ability on the ball, but not enough to make him comfortable in midfield. So cannot be sure, but on the basis that he probably isn't technically gifted enough for CM, certainly in a 4-4-2 set-up, then that I think he would offer more as a CB.. Bottom-line, is he just isn't good enough for the side at the moment in either position in the formation that CH prefers..

Just because his career at the Albion is probably over, then there's a remarkable revisionism about his contribution to our team in the last few years.
He was key to the play off team in 2013/14, was one of the bright spots of the following Hyppia/Hughton season, and has played nearly 75 times in the Champ as a midfielder.
Ridiculously premature to write him off at the age of 24 ( "never going to have the technique" ) even his future won't be with us.

*sigh*

Why is it that all the superfans will invariably accuse you of "writing off" a player if you make a criticism of them? Really adds a layer of irritation to constructive debate about players on here.

Far from "writing him off", I'm actually suggesting I rate Ince enough to think he may have been good enough to make it at centre-back here. Hilariously you seem to entirely accept my point that he's not good enough to make it as a midfielder HERE while having a passive-aggressive go, jeez

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
*sigh*

Why is it that all the superfans will invariably accuse you of "writing off" a player if you make a criticism of them? Really adds a layer of irritation to constructive debate about players on here.

Far from "writing him off", I'm actually suggesting I rate Ince enough to think he may have been good enough to make it at centre-back here. Hilariously you seem to entirely accept my point that he's not good enough to make it as a midfielder HERE while having a passive-aggressive go, jeez
Not disagreeing with you LI but do you not think a tad light weight for CB even though he is 6ft 4 or whatever !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Blimey. Then you are effectively saying he's 'gone backwards' since his debut in August 2013 as a holding midfielder. ?
What are all these appearances as a CB where you've seen him play ? *

I'd say he has. From starting in a Championship team that made the play offs, to a failed loan move to a struggling Fulham team, to now being loaned out to League One potentially. Or is there some progression in there that I am missing?

Stumpy Tim

Blimey. Then you are effectively saying he's 'gone backwards' since his debut in August 2013 as a holding midfielder. ?

One of the myths of Ince is that he played as a holding midfielder for us. Under Garcia he was given freedom to run all over the midfield and win the ball back, much like Kayal now. He simply doesn't have the positional ability to play as a holding midfielder. It's one of the very few mistakes that Hughton has made - playing Ince as the holding midfielder. He was excellent in the role Garcia played him, but since that season he hasn't played there again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oldham are fighting a relegation battle, so will present a very different challenge for him. To some extent he is being thrown in to the deep end.

Lets see how young Rob reacts. Could make a man of him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oldham are fighting a relegation battle, so will present a very different challenge for him. To some extent he is being thrown in to the deep end.

Lets see how young Rob reacts. Could make a man of him.

Agreed. It is vital he gets game time and hopefully he'll be able to play for the first team on a regular basis. If he manages that at League 1 level and does well, I suppose a Championship loan could be next in line if we go up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here