Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens - a concern

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perusing the Albion 2017 calendar I received at Christmas I noted that Dale Stephens is February's featured player. I was immediately comforted by this until I noticed the secondary player for February was Elvis Manu.

Is it a sign?

Other than that, there aren't too many questionable placements other than these...

Rohan Ince (March)
Kazenga LuaLua (June)

...although promotion could obviously scupper some of those from August onwards.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
Perusing the Albion 2017 calendar I received at Christmas I noted that Dale Stephens is February's featured player. I was immediately comforted by this until I noticed the secondary player for February was Elvis Manu.

Is it a sign?

No.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Is it a sign?

Other than that, there aren't too many questionable placements other than these...

Rohan Ince (March)
Kazenga LuaLua (June)

...although promotion could obviously scupper some of those from August onwards.

You need a job.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See I never, ever peruse the calendar.

I like the ANTICIPATION of folding it over on the 1st of each month and revealing who my wall will be adorned with for the next 30 days or so. Flicking though the whole thing in January would ruin it for me.

RUIN it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do adults really buy an Albion calendar? This is a joke right and you really bought it for your kid?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do adults really buy an Albion calendar? This is a joke right and you really bought it for your kid?

The adult in question was my mother-in-law. I also got an Albion bottle opener shaped like a bottle top and that is magnetic so it handily sticks to the fridge. And an Albion mug. And lots more.

Is this OK?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

In my experience adults do buy the calendar but stick it in their kids bedroom to cover the fact they bought it because they wanted it not the kid. The adult will look through it far more than the child and will be the one turning it over every month!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The adult in question was my mother-in-law. I also got an Albion bottle opener shaped like a bottle top and that is magnetic so it handily sticks to the fridge. And an Albion mug. And lots more.

Is this OK?

Is she taking the piss maybe or are you just very hard to buy for? :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The 2016 calendar had Elvis as the secondary player in November – and we were unbeaten that month, no?

Itll be fine.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was given a garden gnome dressed in Albion strip by somebody who didn't want it (amazingly !) Not one of the shop's best sellers - but I felt sorry for it and have it standing, looking out of the window, in my shed.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have a bigger clue about the movements of Dale Stephens. My Grandson aged seven, attended the Junior Seagulls Christmas party at The Amex with his Mum. It was a very cold day and when my Grandson was getting autographs from the players Dale Stephens gave his Brighton & Hove Albion official blanket to him to keep warm and told him he could keep it. Now Dale Stephens is either a very kind person who gave his blanket to a very cold youngster or he has no respect for the official club blanket with club badge and name on it.......

Naaaa he just a lovely bloke who made a little lads day. On a side note my daughter remarked on how nice all the playing staff were and Chris Hughton was the loveliest of them all.....she was very impressed.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I nearly got a calendar with the boy, but he looked through and saw Murphy wasn't in it but Manu was his words 'what's the point then?'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, this is some pretty shit click bate.

Bait.

Anyway, it's not.

That would be if I tweeted a link to this thread along with the line "Albion give fans hidden message about star player's imminent departure" and I'm not going to do that. At least not now. Those sort of tweets are far more effective between 8 and 9pm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I nearly got a calendar with the boy, but he looked through and saw Murphy wasn't in it but Manu was his words 'what's the point then?'

Murphy is in it. I can't say when as [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] will go LOOPY.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here