Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton mobile mechanic

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Polo car battery dead, can'#t jump it, bought battery, impossible to remove 2006 Polo battery easily seemingly, need mechanic.

**** my insurance cover, only starts 1/4 mile away. Can't push it that far as facing uphill. Perfect storm.

Any recommendations?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...impossible to remove 2006 Polo battery easily seemingly

i'd recommend rechecking how to replace battery, its usually really easy - remove plastic shield undo retaining bracket bolt at base (13mm socket at a guess) and undo terminal clamps (10mm spanner). bet theres a youtube if its any more complex than that.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Can't get a friend to tow it the 1/4 mile so it can be dealt with by breakdown cover?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm a mobile mechanic but I'm guessing coming from Godalming is pushing the mobile bit. How desperate are you and do you have the new battery?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna take new battery back.

RAC do a premium battery and will fit it on Saturday morning for 140 quid, which seems fair.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Had a very similar problem yesterday.

Used 'Tune up' a guy called Stephen. Rang him yesterday evening he came this morning and swapped the battery with a new one. Can recommend.

Contact number: 07973 258564

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
google clickmechanic

Have used in the past would recommend. A bit like the building/repair sites that you get quotes on except this has a fixed price for any job and you choose mobile mechanic

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here