Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing

Would you like to see safe standing at the Amex?

• No thanks

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Yes, but only in a small section

Votes: 42 24.7%
  • Let's go for it and convert the entire North Stand

Votes: 88 51.8%

• Total voters

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
What the club is concerned about is the cost. Surely if the government allowed safe standing, they would also then allow clubs to designate standing blocks, you don't have to remove the current seats to allow that.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Anybody who takes a poll on NSC as a true reflection of the wishes of the majority should look at the in or out poll back in June when a similar percentage of NSC's picked IN

To be fair, this is about football. How bad the EU is, is not.

Anyway, wasn't the EU poll on here a lot closer than 70% to 30%?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Yeah, saw a few bigguns take a tumble at Fulham. In the old NS when one went in (lots in the days of Ward :bowdown:), you would lose your sarnie/beer or a shoe, end up in a different spot etc but if you took a tumble there would be plenty of hands to pull you up. If you go for a burton in a seated section you are far more likely to get injured. Pretty f***ed up when you think its all been done for the fans 'safety'.
Beer in the North Stand???? You are letting your vivid imagination run away with you... never happened matey.. never..... we'll not since 1974 when I first started going....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Beer in the North Stand???? You are letting your vivid imagination run away with you... never happened matey.. never..... we'll not since 1974 when I first started going....

76 my first game so you're right, besides I was only twelve!!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
What the club is concerned about is the cost. Surely if the government allowed safe standing, they would also then allow clubs to designate standing blocks, you don't have to remove the current seats to allow that.

The Gov would only allow standing if it is safe. The current seating systems are not safe to stand, too low, thats the whole point of SS systems.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
When you get used to standing you get more physically and vocally involved with the game. So it's a yes from me in specific section.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Don't think the Poll really covers my feelings, I don't want it at all, but, understand others might and wouldn't object to that so long as it doesn't impact on my view or the price I pay.

Standing does impact others who have paid for a seat have their view blocked,the club would have to reduce the charge for standing so its not likely to happen

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Standing does impact others who have paid for a seat have their view blocked,the club would have to reduce the charge for standing so its not likely to happen

You're obviously not up to scratch on this debate if you think safe standing will be in an area where it obstructs other fan's views of the pitch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Safe standing text survey

Albion fans will have another chance to air their views.

Brighton & Hove Albion confirmed that it would explore the possibility of installing limited safe standing at the Amex, with fans having an opportunity to have their say - along with other key groups – back in October last year.

Following the safe standing forum and recent email survey, the club is keen to communicate with as many supporters as possible to get their views on the issue.

Therefore, we will be sending out a text survey in the coming days, allowing us to continue gauging supporter feeling and feedback.

The survey can be filled out just once and will only be sent to those we have yet to hear from, but participants must have a mobile phone contact number registered with us in order to take part.

http://mobile.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-safe-standing-3545682.aspx

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i note one of the questions relates to who should bear the cost.

what do we think about that. I will admit i pressed the button for those who want to stand bearing the cost, but voted in favour overall.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Not particularly impressed by that question about costs. All very black and white, almost enough to suggest they WANT the survey to prove nobody is keen to pay for something that will impact only a minority.

A combination of contributions from the supporters, in particular those who will get to use it, as well as hopefully a generous donation from the club who should see the improved atmosphere hopefully impact on results and make people more likely to revisit. That's what I'd like to see.

But when the answers are Bloom/Everyone/Just the people standing you know where it's going. File with in the "not viable" scrapbook. It's not happening, essentially because Bloom understandably doesn't want to pay for something for a few hundred people out of a 30000 crowd.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Spurs are putting high up the agenda making its new stadium improve the atmosphere as a priority.
I think we missed some tricks in this department and safe standing may achive this however I am happy with my seat in the WSU as long as I can get up the steps and the club provide me with a blanket and a cup of cocoa and some strong binoculars also oxygen at the top of the steps would be helpful. :facepalm:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
as a SWCornersita.... i think many would fight with sharpened flagpoles to make our area the first guinea pig!.... I no longer have a desire to stand at footy tbh, but back in my Goldstone days, the North Stand was fantastic when it was pumping..... and to be fair, when we were shite and no one came, I could sit on the concrete steps and STILL have an unobstructed view of yet another dire match!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here