Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he didn't. He gave an opinion about Zamora but no direct quote from Hughton.
    He said the club had not spoken to Zamora. That was the week before he signed. Of course that is possible but also seems rather unlikely doesn't it.
    I don't want a signature.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Betfair Bozo View Post
      He said the club had not spoken to Zamora. That was the week before he signed. Of course that is possible but also seems rather unlikely doesn't it.
      I probably should add that I don't doubt for a second that is what AN was told. It doesn't mean it's necessarily true though.

0 Not allowed!
      That's why they get parachute payments.
      Indeed however I think clubs coming down now don't see the opportunity to bounce straight back again as easy as it has been previously.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      Indeed however I think clubs coming down now don't see the opportunity to bounce straight back again as easy as it has been previously.
      Burnley being an exception, recently.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Burnley being an exception, recently.
      Although Villa, Norwich, QPR, Cardiff, Fulham, Wigan & Reading may disagree?

0 Not allowed!
      Normally, I'd agree with this scepticism, but in this case I remember there being a Player interview with BZ shortly after joining in which he said that it all happened very swiftly - the impression he gave was that it could have all been done within a week.
      6EQUJ5 2A
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I probably should add that I don't doubt for a second that is what AN was told. It doesn't mean it's necessarily true though.
      Maybe only the agents were involved in negotiations to start with?

Edit.....sorry wrong quote
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      Normally, I'd agree with this scepticism, but in this case I remember there being a Player interview with BZ shortly after joining in which he said that it all happened very swiftly - the impression he gave was that it could have all been done within a week.
      Ok, fair enough. Like I said I wasn't doubting AN's accuracy anyway really, simply that you have to decide for yourself whether all the snippets fed him (and others) by the club are entirely true or perhaps occasionally just what they would prefer to have in the public domain at that moment in time. Just as an example - we were informed a week or so back to expect a quiet transfer window with minimal movement. Today we learn that in addition to those who have already left KLL, Ince and Hunt can all go out. Given that one might expect that you'd imagine we wouldn't want to be that short of numbers then it all suggests Jan might be busier than we were led to believe.

0 Not allowed!
      Not saying I would take the £8m, but, Cairney wouldn't cost much from that money?

0 Not allowed!
      I can't see CH wanting to loose Stephens and I think that would only happen if TB wanted some money back, I don't think that is the case at the moment he wants Brighton in PL for both emotional and the potential financial reward. i think Stephens knows he might as well wait , going up in as a key player in a promoted team just adds to his value (wages)