Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being picky...what little things would you change at The Amex?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I love the AMEX and the design of the stadium, but the only thing I would change is the design of the WSU concourse.

The centre part is not too bad, but the bar at the North end is too near the steps. There is a big bottleneck opposite the bar at busy times, fans obviously queue up to be served at the bar, other fans stand around watching the tv screen positioned on a pillar very near the bar, others are standing drinking near the window.
It just seems a squeeze when fans are entertaining the concourse from the steps to get past everyone by the bar.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
To be able to hear and understand what is being said through the p.a. in the north west corner. I think the Police box muffles most of the sound out so by the time it gets to us we have no idea what is being announced.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
permission to take alcohol (max one pint?} to seats 30 mins+ before kick off to be consumed by 10 mins before ko.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Agree with the outside toilets....usually at bursting point as the last services are Pease Pottage after a long drive...

Aslo move away fans to West Upper, the away team gets a good advantage with them behind the goal.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Tiles and boxed in pipes, in the ladies toilets in the north stand. They are very industrial.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Personally for me I'd quite like:

• Smoking area at half time
  • Train information boards in the concourse
  • Heinken to be available at all bars & after full time
  • Toilets outside
  • Few more beer sellers outside pre-game

I don't want much :)

Good point about Heineken.
The Amex has a Heineken lounge, adverts for it on the big screens and in the match programme, but it's not on sale at the concourse bars.
Get rid of Fosters.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Outside toilets
Seats / Benches in the concourses

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I love the AMEX and the design of the stadium, but the only thing I would change is the design of the WSU concourse.

The centre part is not too bad, but the bar at the North end is too near the steps. There is a big bottleneck opposite the bar at busy times, fans obviously queue up to be served at the bar, other fans stand around watching the tv screen positioned on a pillar very near the bar, others are standing drinking near the window.
It just seems a squeeze when fans are entertaining the concourse from the steps to get past everyone by the bar.

Same at the south end. A bridge would help.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
spaces in the WSU advertising boards for flags and banners

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here