Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentwich United.

theboybilly

Yes I remember it but unfortunately time has faded the memory of it. I remember that it was filmed (at least a lot of it was) at Stoke's old Victoria Ground - what a great ground that was, I loved it. Anyway ''United' didn't take off (I'm surprised to read it aired through 136 episodes) I think the scripts were poor and predictable. I remember 'Mr Wilkes' from the Woolpack in Emmerdale Farm was in it but nobody else

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I remember it. Not very well though - it was over fifty years ago! Loved it though - shame they wiped the videos - but it would probably look a bit off these days; sort of things pompous young turds would sneer at on a programme called something like 'It Was Alright in the 60s'. There was a rape, I remember. Struggling football team just survived being relegated from the second division, then got a new manager in - a hard man; some of the players wouldn't play for him, and left'
I think they knew the series was coming to an end, because he suddenly turned the club's fortunes on the pitch round - if I remember the series ended when Brentwich were top of division two, having won the first ten games of the season!

Oh.....I'd better go for a lie-down now!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yes, I remember it. Not very well though - it was over fifty years ago! Loved it though - shame they wiped the videos - but it would probably look a bit off these days; sort of things pompous young turds would sneer at on a programme called something like 'It Was Alright in the 60s'. There was a rape, I remember. Struggling football team just survived being relegated from the second division, then got a new manager in - a hard man; some of the players wouldn't play for him, and left'
I think they knew the series was coming to an end, because he suddenly turned the club's fortunes on the pitch round - if I remember the series ended when Brentwich were top of division two, having won the first ten games of the season!

Oh.....I'd better go for a lie-down now!

Did the manager have some "as hard as nails name" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here