Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adios Jack Harper.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:rolleyes:
The example trotted out every time we release someone who might still have "potential". Roy Keane is usually the other one.

If Jack Harper turns out to be a prolific striker in La Liga, or at any level equal to or higher than the Championship, then I will paint my arse blue and show it in the window of Top Shop.

I wasn't actually referring to us in particular or that we might be letting a talent go.

My point was that writing a player off at 21 has been proven to be nonsense.

I only ever saw Harper play against Hastings so can't form any judgement myself. But I hope the lad does well for himself and 21 is too young to be giving up on a career in professional football. Whether you may have to paint your arse blue or not, who knows?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wasn't actually referring to us in particular or that we might be letting a talent go.

My point was that writing a player off at 21 has been proven to be nonsense.

I only ever saw Harper play against Hastings so can't form any judgement myself. But I hope the lad does well for himself and 21 is too young to be giving up on a career in professional football. Whether you may have to paint your arse blue or not, who knows?

In the Bermuda Triangle that is the BHAFC development squad, writing off a striker at the age of 21 has proved to be anything but nonsense. We simply don't produce them, never have. Harper has now joined the esteemed company of Bergkamp, Fenelon, Gatting, Robinson, Hambo, Baz, in fact any number of other young strikers who have passed through our academy and promptly sunk without a trace, never to be seen again anywhere near a Championship club. Maybe in the years to come, that academy will finally bear fruit and bring us a striker who really is the business, someone we can be proud of. Not happened yet though.

Defenders. We can certainly do defenders. But not strikers.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Scored in his first game this afternoon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well....this one can't be blamed on the Burke can it?

I'm pretty sure this was a development squad signing and very low risk. Had he not Ben from Real it would barely have been mentioned anywhere.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why insult young players. ?

Completely agree. It hasn't worked out for him here and he hasn't developed how all parties would have liked. But I don't think that justifies the vitriol.

I also see some posters already getting the knives out for 19-year-old Jordan Maguire-Drew. Nice.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's quite a bold claim!

My full post stated '' Montrose is the only Professional football ground I have never been to.They have never played Motherwell in my lifetime of over 50 years ''

I would have thought it would have been obvious from the second part of my post which you seem to ignore when quoting me that I was referring to Professional Grounds in Scotland

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
My full post stated '' Montrose is the only Professional football ground I have never been to.They have never played Motherwell in my lifetime of over 50 years ''

I would have thought it would have been obvious from the second part of my post which you seem to ignore when quoting me that I was referring to Professional Grounds in Scotland

Sorry, humour clearly not your strong point.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come to think of it , have we EVER had a double-barrel-surname player do anything very much?

Colin Kazim-Richards must have made a good career for himself (or at least earned rather more money than most young men), considering he was/is a). not that good, and b). apparently a bit of a knob.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Looks like leaving Albion has been good for Jack Harper's career:-

[TWEET]842084450909466630[/TWEET]

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks like leaving Albion has been good for Jack Harper's career:-

[TWEET]842084450909466630[/TWEET]

Whilst being very pleased for him, I think it would only be honest of me to say, that this is Scotland's Under 21 squad we are talking about. How many of those names have you actually heard of?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here