Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adios Jack Harper.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good idea - the scots supporters seemed to be very impressed when we signed their future Scottish superstar, so he might have flourished up there; the standard isn't so demanding either.
The temperature drop between Malaga and, say, Arbroath in January would be enough to put anyone off though, I suppose!

I love Arbroath..................Childhood holidays there in the scorching summer of 1976. Felt like Malaga to me

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Against Hastings United. Perspective needed I think.

Not that I want to slate him as never saw him enough to form a judgement.

I wish him well at Malaga. Home town club, so hopefully he'll thrive there.

A few years back I played against Hastings Utd fronts :lol: Perspective right there!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I love Arbroath..................Childhood holidays there in the scorching summer of 1976. Felt like Malaga to me

Yes, it's lovely in the summer - cafes selling smokies everywhere and Kerr's little trains chugging up and down. But you presumably noticed the football ground? Practically on the prom. and right next to the North Sea. Gawd, it must be the bleakest stadium in Britain in the winter!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, it's lovely in the summer - cafes selling smokies everywhere and Kerr's little trains chugging up and down. But you presumably noticed the football ground? Practically on the prom. and right next to the North Sea. Gawd, it must be the bleakest stadium in Britain in the winter!

There was a swimming pool next to the ground and there was a full size window in the pool foyer which looked straight on to the pitch from behind the goals

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stoke. Bleak all year round. Especially when it rains..... as memory haunts me . . . .

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
He has spent almost his entire life in Spain, so that may also be a factor!

True that he has a British sounding name and was born in Scotland, but everything else about him is Spanish.

Born in Malaga, apparently

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was astonished at the excitement from some on here when he signed. I mean we all wanted him to do well of course, but the conviction that he was going to be more or less pitched straight into the first team, after knocking about with the kids, crocks and waiters in the spanish 3rd tier his entire "career", was laughable. Turned out he was just another Roland Bergkamp.

Wow. Who'dve thunk.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was always a luxury player for Scotland under21's and often dropped despite being 'better' than most since didn't fit a system. I think it was a great idea to take a proper look at him over 18 months but if we didn't like him enough in that time (injuries won't have helped) then best he moves on. Exactly the position we needed but not the style of CAM/FWD I think. Certainly never a STR though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shit player in my eyes. Very disappointed by him from what i have seen. There's nothing to suggest he will go onto better things either

"Shit" - really ?
He's making a career as a footballer and its not worked out at the Albion. Not unusual. Most teen footballers on our books (any teams books) don't make it. Why the insults ?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
"Shit" - really ?
He's making a career as a footballer and its not worked out at the Albion. Not unusual. Most teen footballers on our books (any teams books) don't make it. Why the insults ?

His career as a footballer is not exactly going well though is it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
His career as a footballer is not exactly going well though is it?

yeah. its not how he hoped it might work out. but then not unusual given his age.
but why the need to call him "shit". he's still making a career as a professional footballer.
whats he done to deserve that ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
yeah. its not how he hoped it might work out. but then not unusual given his age.
but why the need to call him "shit". he's still making a career as a professional footballer.
whats he done to deserve that ?

Not been good enough to even come close to making a 1st team appearance anywhere in his career so far ?

2 years with the kids at Real Madrid playing in the amateur 3rd tier, great career move that turned out to be. Then 18 months in and out of our DS, without so much as a sniff of our bench, even in the crap cups.

He's 21 next month, and has never played a game. If he was good enough, surely he'd have shown something by now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not been good enough to even come close to making a 1st team appearance anywhere in his career so far ?

2 years with the kids at Real Madrid playing in the amateur 3rd tier, great career move that turned out to be. Then 18 months in and out of our DS, without so much as a sniff of our bench, even in the crap cups.

He's 21 next month, and has never played a game. If he was good enough, surely he'd have shown something by now.

Yep. Agreed. He's not fulfilled expectations, although most of that hype didn't come from him. But he's still young.
But why need to call players "shit".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here