Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adios Jack Harper.

Oct 25, 2003
perhaps he joined at the wrong time. Had he joined the previous season where we were a complete shambles and pretty much anyone could get a game for us up front he may had got some much needed game time and things may have been different. As it turned out, he joined at time when we enjoyed an unexpectedly great season and while goals weren't easy for us in the first half of the season he was certainly some way off the likes of Hemed, Zamora, Wilson, and an improved Baldock

from what I saw of him in friendlies and development squad games it looked like he had good technique but didn't have the pace or physicality to really make an impact on games

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Loved his Xbox too much

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He scored that really good goal where he ghosted past one, pirouetted past a second then dragged it back to fool the goalie before slotting away neatly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It clearly wasn't going to come to anything for him here, so good luck to him - he was born in Malaga so that may also have been a factor.

He has spent almost his entire life in Spain, so that may also be a factor!

True that he has a British sounding name and was born in Scotland, but everything else about him is Spanish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He scored that really good goal where he ghosted past one, pirouetted past a second then dragged it back to fool the goalie before slotting away neatly.

Easier when you are playing games for the development squad though!

Sorry if that sounds harsh, the fact is I've never seen the lad play. If he was deemed a good enough prospect though, I'm sure he would have stayed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Against Hastings United. Perspective needed I think.

Not that I want to slate him as never saw him enough to form a judgement.

I wish him well at Malaga. Home town club, so hopefully he'll thrive there.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Listed on club website as a striker. Played 25 times for the under-23s and scored four goals. It isn't exactly what you'd call making an impression - and that's at a lower level.

Wish him luck but he had his chance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If he had been good enough and showed the right attitude he would have played for us

I think that's true - However I am still a bit disappointed he didn't fulfil what potential he has but with CH you really need to be a worker as well as have talent. I think he will succeed as a player somewhere but it won't be in a side which can't afford to take chances

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think that's true - However I am still a bit disappointed he didn't fulfil what potential he has but with CH you really need to be a worker as well as have talent. I think he will succeed as a player somewhere but it won't be in a side which can't afford to take chances

He had a massive opportunity here , waste of talent again. So many these days haven't got the mental capacity to see what they're doing and will regret it

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He had a massive opportunity here , waste of talent again. So many these days haven't got the mental capacity to see what they're doing and will regret it

I think we should have loaned him out to a Scottish club where he could have show boated a bit . He would have had family around him and then we could have brought him back with some confidence behind him but who knows, he might have been offered a loan period like that and he might have turned it down.

Alternatively, there might have been a monetary offer and the Manager didn't see enough work ethic in him to keep him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The lad seems to be little more than a footnote in our history. Hope he left a TripAdvisor review, least he owes the medical team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we should have loaned him out to a Scottish club where he could have show boated a bit . He would have had family around him and then we could have brought him back with some confidence behind him but who knows, he might have been offered a loan period like that and he might have turned it down.

Alternatively, there might have been a monetary offer and the Manager didn't see enough work ethic in him to keep him.

Most of his family are in Spain. As I understand it his parents emigrated there when he was still a child.

The sheer fact that we signed hiim from Real Madrid, (albeit one of their junior sides), didn't help him either, with all the media attention.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most of his family are in Spain. As I understand it his parents emigrated there when he was still a child.

The sheer fact that we signed hiim from Real Madrid, (albeit one of their junior sides), didn't help him either, with all the media attention.

His parents are still in Spain but grand parents and other family are in Barrhead I think it is

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good idea - the scots supporters seemed to be very impressed when we signed their future Scottish superstar, so he might have flourished up there; the standard isn't so demanding either.
The temperature drop between Malaga and, say, Arbroath in January would be enough to put anyone off though, I suppose!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here