Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think this one may have legs - Andy Naylor has said its not happening :clap2:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Think this one may have legs - Andy Naylor has said its not happening :clap2:

Has he actually said that?

He tweeted "For those asking Argus has not touched Loftus-Cheek, Lampard stuff for good reason." That's not necessarily the same thing as "It's not happening."

My first reaction on reading that tweet was that, maybe, he'd been asked not to say anything..."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has he actually said that?

He tweeted "For those asking Argus has not touched Loftus-Cheek, Lampard stuff for good reason." That's not necessarily the same thing as "It's not happening."

My first reaction on reading that tweet was that, maybe, he'd been asked not to say anything..."

You are quite right. I think it's called 'leaving the door open for interpretation just in case I get it wrong again' though... Although he groups Lampard in there too so probably is trying to say it ain't happening as we won't sign both!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Read the arguments for, one thing I will say, I have no idea why one of the posters said acting like a small club because I dared to suggest I don't see where he fits in, sorry that is a lame argument. However I don't think this one will convince me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe Stephens' decision to leave has already been made and he is the replacement.
Aye. All this talk of Lampard and Loftus Cheek and more Burnley interest, does raise the possibility that Stephens is going ( clearly if the fee is big enough ).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The same Andy Naylor that rubbished Zamora coming back?
Not to mention( along with a few other ITK ubers )said Clayton was done deal...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He never said Clayton was a done deal , he said instead that we were in for him (we were) and a deal was close (it was).
Zamora, to an extent and CMS definitely are things you could argue he's got wrong but presumably the other 100 or so players in the last few years where there's been rumours, he's said there's nothing in it and thats turned out to be the case have passed you by.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Can't see Loftus-Cheek coming here. Quality young player but would imagine Chelsea would want him starting almost every game which is something we couldn't guarantee.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is at the end of the season, which gives us half a season to settle in the new bloke.

What 'new bloke'? We don't have one, we aren't buying to replace in January as far as I'm aware. What Driver8 said is a matter of course, Stephens does not have a decision to make. And if you're suggesting bedding in a loanee, you're barking mad!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All that video proves, is how bad Manu's first touch was and his inability to hit the ball cleanly. What a terrible compilation.

If only the recruitment team had seen that youtube compilation before deciding to sign him.

Bit harsh, not the worst ever. However it isn't surprising that Feyenoord didn't bite our hands off to have him back. I think he signed for the team at the bottom of the Eredivisie (sp).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here